F1 2015 (PC) New Game Engine

Do you play games from F1 Series?

• No, but I would like to.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
F1 2015 will arrive to PC on July 10, 2015.

'F1 2015' Trailer & Release Date: New Game Engine, Game Modes Revealed in New Teaser [Video]

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/6...lease-date-new-game-engine-modes-revealed.htm

F1 2015 Features Trailer Highlights Speed, Rain and New Additions
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-trailer-highlights-speed-rain-new-additions/

New F1 2015 Trailer Released Ahead Of Next Week's Launch
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2015/07/02/new-f1-2015-trailer-released-ahead-of-next-weeks-launch/

Can't wait to play the game.

Last edited:
Looks really nice. I assume it will have VR support which will be by far the best way to play. I've got a friend who's heavily into F1 but not so much into games. I think I may have sold him on the promise of F1 in VR with a wheel and peddles though.

No, just looked it up though and it looks interesting. I had no idea such a a thing existed. Only 6 months or so until OR though so I can wait a little longer :)

I've had TrackIR Pro 5 for a few years... they're very good, but pricey. It also sucks a bit that you have to wear a cap or headphones when using it. Might be worth your while taking a look at the alternatives that are out there that weren't available when I got mine.

FaceTrackNOIR, FreeTrack and EDTracker are the ones I know about. They range from using your existing webcam to home DIY with PCBs.

If you're getting a rift though, I'd just make do with one of the open source face trackers for a few months. The tracking on the rift feels flawless btw.

I would try one of the free alternatives like tabs suggested and if you like it (I think they are great but pricey.) get one . I always game with headphones on so having to wear them isnt a problem
ps: does rift come with head tracking if not they would make an awesome combination

I will play it with the keyboard, for now. :LOL:

2yjqwxc.jpg

The Xbox controller is great for racing games if you can't go full wheel. Way better than keyboard :) although the wireless versions are hard to find and/or expensive these days.

I use a wheel (i love forcefeedback wheels so much I own 4 of them)
but I do find a joystick better for racing games than a gamepad (even better if its forcefeedback)

From a forum post on steam

Its also fair to say that the game at this state is unplayable to anyone using a controler/gamepad due to various bugs in controller presets and not being able to adjust deadzones/sensibility, menu navigate buttons messed up, but also on benchmark craches, engineer and TV narrators speech/audio (or should i say whispering) problems, and FPS abrup drops when on championship mode.

Steam reviews for this game are terrible, so this seems like it's going the way of Batman Arkham Knight.

With Steam reviews and money returns, I don't get how publishers and developers think they can get away with this.
One has to wonder how many PC games got away with loads of income at the expense of broken ports and angry customers, before these policies were enforced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this new game engine EGO 4.0 is total rubbish. Plus the Intel interaction everywhere. :LOL:

On a machine with C2Q and 6870 it doesn't want to run with everything set even to LOW. :confused:

I undestand that the game is extremely realistic and resources heavy but that is one very poorly optimised code.
I can't wait for Zen and graphics update on my system later, next year. :(

Last edited:
I think they should give up the day-and-date release thing on PC, and just give the PC version 3 months longer than the console versions before releasing, to iron out the bugs.

I think they should give up the day-and-date release thing on PC, and just give the PC version 3 months longer than the console versions before releasing, to iron out the bugs.

Or they could just put it up on Early Access and still take your monies. ;)

Do you know what this shyte reminds me of? Well... the original DiRT game. The same.

Actually, there is almost no performance difference on my system when changing from LOW to Ultra High.
As if the game runs solely on software mode on the CPU. :confused:

Back