F1 2010

infinity4

Veteran
Anyone got the game? Surprised I can't find any thread for this game.

I got it last Friday and I like the game. Though I find the game a lot of arcade thing, the atmosphere makes up for it.

Anyone got the game? Surprised I can't find any thread for this game.

I got it last Friday and I like the game. Though I find the game a lot of arcade thing, the atmosphere makes up for it.

The F1 thread had a little about it but that probably wasn't the right place to discuss it.

It's one of those games I might pick up. A bit concerned about some of the alleged bugs and what look like short-cuts with the AI though. I think it needs a nice bug patch to sort it out before I commit.

I made the reference to the game in the F1 forum a while ago because I didn't think they'd be enough interest in the console forum for an F1 game.

Anyway, I got my PS3 copy about two weeks ago and have been playing it on/off. It's a neat game with decent graphics, decent framerate and very good gameplay AFAIK. I might not be the best judge of an F1 game since I haven't played one since the shockingly bad one by EA 2000 on the PS2, but what does impress is that they've managed to capture a bit of the F1 world. If you chose to do the "full race weekend" - you've got everything from P1, P2, P3 to Q1, Q2, Q3 and race of course. The great thing about this is that you can skip all the sessions once you had enough and go to the race, which in itself can be any length you wish.

Of course, all the rules from the 2010 season are in, meaning at least a run on both tyres. The team wil keep you informed of the basics and thanks to the drivers assists, it's pretty much accessible from beginners to experts.

Only shame is that there are no safety cars in the game, but to make up for that, you have fully dynamic weather included. Framerate on the PS3 is good enough. It's not a perfect 30fps, but the framerate drops (especially when driving into the pits) is hardly noticable or any kind of deal breaker.

After GRID set a new low for Codies physics, I decided that all future Codies games would definitely be try before I buy, and there's no F1 demo so no potential sale here. Which is a shame for me as a F1 loving sim racer, but GRID was so shocking to me on that front I'm not risking it. On top of that the stories of dodgy AI and the inevitable F1 2011 release early next season really put me off.

In the meantime I'm still very happy with F1 Championship Edition, and after the Japanese GP at the weekend some laps of Suzuka in the GT5P F2007 sated my F1 racing needs :)

I've been pleasantly surprised by the feel of WRC with a G25 (after playing with the setup in the demo to remove the crippling understeer), and just got Ferrari The Race Experience so F1 2010 really is at the bottom of the wish list, and once November hits it's not going to matter anyway :D

Back