Exluna

Discussion in 'Graphics and Semiconductor Industry' started by CI, Apr 7, 2003.

1. CI

CI
    Newcomer

It just suddenly occured to me to visit their site:
    http://www.exluna.com/index.html

Any news of what happen to them after their deal with nVidia?

The site seems to be neglected and all development apparently have also stopped. Any idea what could most of the Exluna folks be doing now? Could they be involved in development of Cg or something?
    :?:

2. 3dcgi

Veteran Subscriber

I'm curious about this too, but I've never seen any news about it. This topic might make a good interview question for Nvidia.

3. Arun

Arun Unknown.
    Moderator Legend Veteran

I'd guess there's a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on right now.
    Remember, even ATI got deals with film companies, but they prefer to keep all that confidential. No idea why.

I'd bet though that those ExLuna folks probably worked at least a little on CgFX, and all the related plug-ins. Just a guess, though.

Uttar

4. Dave Baumann

Dave Baumann Gamerscore Wh...
    Moderator Legend

I sent off a few questions asking about it when it was announced. Nothing came back.

5. Evildeus

Veteran

Perhaps you should retry. It would be really interesting to have some kind of information!

6. Dave Baumann

Dave Baumann Gamerscore Wh...
    Moderator Legend

During the Dusk-till-Dawn developer conference I was talking to one of the NVIDIA employee's and it transpired that she actually came via the Exluna merger (IIRC), certainly she'd worked at Pixar for some time. Anyway, the gist of things were that NVIDIA are not really ready to make many announcments at the moment, so I'm not sure that we'll get anything more right now - she was hinting at some announcements around Siggraph time.