Excel date & time, about to have a heart attack

I'm not joking, I'm this fucking close to packing up my shit quit my job and trow this fucking piece of crap pc out the fucking window.

Excel is the most retarded piece of fucking crap ever produced by mankind. No, not mankind. That would imply the fucktards that produced this pile of stinking shit actually resemble human fucking beings.

How goddamn difficult could it be to have a 24 hour period displayed on the X axis? You'd think that be easy. Well fuck no. Apparently its really fucking hard.

My data goes from from 00:00:30, 00:01:00 etc. 30 second intervals. So the x axis gets way too much data to be readable. Doesn't matter, just need to display 00:00 until 24:00 with 1 hour intervals.

Cannot be fucking done. The shit for brains that made this software apparently never consider programming support for date and time BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE TOO FUCKING LOGICAL.

I did spend some time having to generate daily call center queue report graphs & yeah its hard but I do believe you can convince the X axis to have fewer entries than the data.
Can't remember off hand how to do it though.

Edit: on latest version try right click on the axis -> format axis
Labels -> specify interval unit.

HyqwDj5.png

Last edited:
My data goes from from 00:00:30, 00:01:00 etc. 30 second intervals. So the x axis gets way too much data to be readable. Doesn't matter, just need to display 00:00 until 24:00 with 1 hour intervals.
Yes, using date/time on X-axis feels a lot like beating Excel into submission. Unfortunaltely I, too, do not enjoy that :).
What you could try: make a scatter graph. By trial and error specify Min and Max for the X-axis, but these have to be entered in serial format, like 42325.41.
I honestly don't know why it has to be this hard in 2015.

Thanks guys, I'm having a bit of a frustrating time and I guess some of the cropped up anger came out earlier.

I did eventually get Excel to display time on the X-axis. It's still a retarded piece of software because I'm pretty sure doing a 48 or 72 hour graph would be hell. The stupid thing is that Excel was actually already showing the correct data on the X-axis, it's just too dumb to know what it has to do with it.

Anyway my project kinda failed anyway. Lots of unusable data. I don't suppose somebody knows a good piece of software to measure website loading times? I'm using iMacros with multiple Firefox instances now but I think the slow connection I'm working with is causing weird behavior, lots of extremely low loading times.

I did spend some time having to generate daily call center queue report graphs & yeah its hard but I do believe you can convince the X axis to have fewer entries than the data.
Can't remember off hand how to do it though.

Edit: on latest version try right click on the axis -> format axis
Labels -> specify interval unit.

HyqwDj5.png
Is that Excel 2013? I have the student version of Office 2013 -alas, no Access nor Outlook- and I am becoming an advanced user over time. Just curious..

Back