Everything Must Change

Discussion in 'Beyond3D News' started by Dave Baumann, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Rookie

Newcomer

It seems B3d staff have the tradition to work for gfx companys,FYI:

Dave Barron,3dfx-Bitboys-now a game/3d mag? not see him for a longtime,what is he currently doing?

Kris beets-ex-3dfx,actually he got the offer but due to visa reason he didnt go here,when 3dfx buied by Nvidia,he went to Img(PVR)

Reverend,tan,it seems he left the 3d community and work on his estate career now? not c him for a long time either.

Lastest,another DaveB,ATi.

Hope someone to add some juicy if I forget some.

2. Scott Parillo

Newcomer

Actually, I was just going to ask the same thing: does anybody know whatever happened to Dave Barron? I would really be curious to know which direction he went after BitBoys...

(I find it somewhat difficult to type that name without creating a smirk ;) )

3. Evildeus

Veteran

Congratulations and best wishes DB.

4. ET

ET
    Regular

Congratulations on the new job, Dave! Now it'd be your turn to be on the other side, giving interviews and having chats with us fans.

5. FrgMstr

Newcomer

I was saving it for a high traffic day so it would get noticed. :) Dave's move gives our little enthusiast community that much more legitimacy and authority. Good move for Dave and a good move for all of us.

6. Geo

Geo Mostly Harmless
    Legend

Yes, he should Speak Truth to Power. Tell them y'all need a 50% increase in time to write reviews after receiving samples. Don't back down at all. Yes, that's right, instead of two days he should absolutely insist on three. :cool:

digitalwanderer likes this.
  7. malicia

Newcomer

Congratulations for the job !

Even though everything will change on Beyond3D, some things just don't change in life. There are always people licking your boots and praising you once you are (or have become) somebody that matters, but when (or once) you are a "nobody" and don't matter anymore, they will just walk all over you.

#167 malicia, Jun 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2006
  8. Gouhan

Newcomer

Good luck to you Dave.
    I have been luking here on B3d since 2002 but only registered just now, and in all that time, I have learnt more than I ever did reading books etc...
    This site, along with your articles are squarely responsible for getting me my current job at a computer publication. (which I really, really needed)
    Wishing you the best in your career.

Star
    Gouhan

9. dubyateeeff

Newcomer

Thanks for the last few years, Dave! Good luck in your future endevors!

10. Parousia

Banned

Well I don't know who he is :oops: I've checked out this site a bit more and see that he and Kristof co-authored the 3dfx anti-aliasing article (which is excellent though probably understandable since Dave worked for 3dfx).

11. MuFu

MuFu Chief Spastic Baboon
    Veteran

A bit late to the party, sorry - many congratulations Dave! :smile: I hope the move goes smoothly and best of luck in your new career. It is rare to come across a perfect job/aptitude match but I think this is pretty close. ATi have done very well to get you onboard.

My commiserations to nVidia, who have obviously made a major strategic blunder!

12. Dizzy

Newcomer

Wow! Congratulations and Good Luck.

13. Tagrineth

Tagrineth SNAKES... ON A PLANE
    Veteran

GO WAVEY GO!

that is all.

14. [Brick_top]

Newcomer

Hi, I don't post a lot but I've always admired your attitude around here. Congratulations!

15. ANova

Veteran

Well it seems I'm a bit late to the party. Congrats Dave, though I hate you at the same time for making me look up inferior alternatives to your articles. :p

16. WaltC

Veteran

BelleVue Sanatorium, Billary, NY. Patient privile
    Congrats, Dave, and best wishes for the future! I'm sure you are very excited about your new job, and I don't blame you! I've never forgotten you (or John Reynolds) from 3dfx.com (or Sir Pauly), and have enjoyed B3d immensely over the years. What a great run you had here, and I suspect it all as being just the mere Shape of Things Yet to Come...;)

I have a feeling that things are going to get really interesting for you in the years ahead, and I think ATi is very wise indeed to select someone versed in both technical and public affairs, as that's the best kind of combination for the type of job it appears you'll be doing. Looking forward to seeing your impact inside ATi, and see no reason why it will be less than spectacular.

17. Dave

Newcomer

Congrats Dave. You defintely deserve it. I've been really proud of what B3D has become under your direction. You took it from the small website that Kristof, I and the others started years ago and really turned it into something huge! You definitely deserve this.

---Not to take any attention away from Dave.. a couple of people asked about me so I thought I'd answer. I'm actually just doing IT right now. I've thought about getting back into the industry. In fact, another ex-3dfxer, now at AMD, has been pushing me to look into getting with NVIDIA, but I haven't talked to them much at this point.. oh and I did get married if anyone didn't know. Funny to think about that now considering I was about 16 when I got into doing this website.. well in its original incarnation of Voodoo Power. ;) ---

Anyway. Congrats Dave. Best of luck.

-Dave Barron

digitalwanderer and Tim Murray like this.
  18. Joe DeFuria

Legend

Wow...just looking over this thread...it's like a B3D reunion. :)

19. nelg

Veteran

It is more like page 8 is the geriatric page.

[I kid as i walk off with my cane]

20. Parousia

Banned

Hehe, would probably be better if B3D were a magazine! And surely B3D is more than 4-yo! :)