Everything, a Double Fine game by David OReilly [PS4]

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
I am amazed at the sort of games that the PS4 has. First it was Life of Black Tiger and now it's Everything.

I like what I see here. If its fun or not is secondary I guess. I think its more of a POV a person is trying to express to others..

I am amazed at the sort of games that the PS4 has. First it was Life of Black Tiger and now it's Everything.
I don't think the comparison is fair enough. I find the concept of Everything quite more ambitious, elaborate... and just nice. LBT was a joke, though.

Maybe, the only thing I see as a joke are the ''''''animations''''''. Are they provisional, until the final build is released?

However, even though I like the concept and what I saw (like @RenegadeRocks said), I'm kind of sad, because I feel that watching this video I have watched everything (no pun intended, haha) this game has to offer. I guess this is just another relaxing experience, such as Flow.

Yes, after I stopped laughing for 30 minutes on how the animals moved in the video, things more interesting in the video. But then I'm left wondering if thats all there is in the game or is more available.

Yeah, I was like:
0:00 - Mmkay. :arrow:
0:10 - WTF, what's wrong with that bear? :unsure:Plus, shitty graphics. :rolleyes:
0:13 - Oh, the voiceover seems interesting enough :cool:and I'm starting to like the graphics, actually. ^_^:love:
0:20 - Dafuq?! o_O

I was pleased with the rest.

Black Tier was rough around the edges out of amateurishness, and as a game had a mundane concept.
This is also rough, but does so in a self-aware way, and uses it to fuel it´s own personality and aesthetics. The weird animations are good as they are. It has a weird and absurd style, but it does so in a cohesive and fitting way to the type of game it tries to be.
That said, I also fear lie I´ve seen everything there is to it. If it´s something like 8 bucks, it is still a good toy to play around a bit with. I´ve paid more to go into a modern art museum.
I llike leaving an old projecto I have projecting weird and interesting imagery at my living room´s wall when I have friends over to have a drink. Thing´s like Powakatsi, or Adult Swim´s excellent off the air. This could probably fit the bill to. People could just fuck around a bit while they have a beer, and pass the controller around.

It seems like it released on PS4 already near the end of March. The PS Store has it listed at $15: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/everything/cid=UP2397-CUSA05962_00-EVERYTHINGPS4000

How has this passed everybody by? It's billed not as a game but an "interactive experience" and was released on Steam a few weeks ago and received quite a lot of media coverage, received 'Very Positive' review feedback and has accrued stack of awards.

SiteAwards_SteamLayers.png

Back