Everything, a Double Fine game by David OReilly [PS4]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by BRiT, May 6, 2017.

1. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

I am amazed at the sort of games that the PS4 has. First it was Life of Black Tiger and now it's Everything.

eloyc likes this.
  2. RenegadeRocks

Legend

I like what I see here. If its fun or not is secondary I guess. I think its more of a POV a person is trying to express to others..

milk likes this.
  3. eloyc

Veteran Regular

I don't think the comparison is fair enough. I find the concept of Everything quite more ambitious, elaborate... and just nice. LBT was a joke, though.

Maybe, the only thing I see as a joke are the ''''''animations''''''. Are they provisional, until the final build is released?

However, even though I like the concept and what I saw (like @RenegadeRocks said), I'm kind of sad, because I feel that watching this video I have watched everything (no pun intended, haha) this game has to offer. I guess this is just another relaxing experience, such as Flow.

milk and BRiT like this.
  4. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

Yes, after I stopped laughing for 30 minutes on how the animals moved in the video, things more interesting in the video. But then I'm left wondering if thats all there is in the game or is more available.

5. eloyc

Veteran Regular

Yeah, I was like:
    0:00 - Mmkay. :arrow:
    0:10 - WTF, what's wrong with that bear? :huh:Plus, shitty graphics. :roll:
    0:13 - Oh, the voiceover seems interesting enough :cool2:and I'm starting to like the graphics, actually. ^_^<3
    0:20 - Dafuq?! o_O

I was pleased with the rest.

6. milk

Veteran Regular

Black Tier was rough around the edges out of amateurishness, and as a game had a mundane concept.
    This is also rough, but does so in a self-aware way, and uses it to fuel it´s own personality and aesthetics. The weird animations are good as they are. It has a weird and absurd style, but it does so in a cohesive and fitting way to the type of game it tries to be.
    That said, I also fear lie I´ve seen everything there is to it. If it´s something like 8 bucks, it is still a good toy to play around a bit with. I´ve paid more to go into a modern art museum.
    I llike leaving an old projecto I have projecting weird and interesting imagery at my living room´s wall when I have friends over to have a drink. Thing´s like Powakatsi, or Adult Swim´s excellent off the air. This could probably fit the bill to. People could just fuck around a bit while they have a beer, and pass the controller around.

7. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

8. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Tkumpathenurpahl and eloyc like this.