Everybody's Gone to the Rapture [PS4]

Form the team who made "From Esther". These guys are also part of the team making Amnesia: A machine for Pigs.

The trailer tells nothing, though.

Form the team who made "From Esther". These guys are also part of the team making Amnesia: A machine for Pigs.

The trailer tells nothing, though.

According to the trailer it's a collaboration from Sony Santa Monica, and the team who made "Dear Esther" - not 'From Esther'.
Probably Sony is handling testing, licensing, etc, and most of the producing stuff, and perhaps some tech-support or server stuff - but most of the creative stuff is probably done by The Chineese Room.
Similar to how That Game Company probably got help on Journey.
Pictures in trailer looks good, they're using CryEngine.

I think the game is a spiritual sucessor to Dear Esther, it's a first person adventure, I think you play as 6 different persons. Game will allow for more interaction, than in Dear Esther, and each of the six characther are connected to changing landmarks, during the apocalypse wich is when you're playing.

According to the trailer it's a collaboration from Sony Santa Monica, and the team who made "Dear Esther" - not 'From Esther'.
Probably Sony is handling testing, licensing, etc, and most of the producing stuff, and perhaps some tech-support or server stuff - but most of the creative stuff is probably done by The Chineese Room.
Similar to how That Game Company probably got help on Journey.
Pictures in trailer looks good, they're using CryEngine.

I think the game is a spiritual sucessor to Dear Esther, it's a first person adventure, I think you play as 6 different persons. Game will allow for more interaction, than in Dear Esther, and each of the six characther are connected to changing landmarks, during the apocalypse wich is when you're playing.

Wow ! Sony SM's support could mean something fantastic :D ! Thanx a ton for th einfo. and sorry for the "From Esther" , was a mistype. I have seen Dear Esther at a friend's place.

ALso, I heard it was coming to PC too, but then Sony's close collaboration means its coming to PS4 only. WIll keep an eye out for this one, but I don't really like the visuals I see now. Not a fan of Green tints.

Smells like yet another zombie game ?

No.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ps4-adventure-everybodys-gone-to-the-rapture/

It’s all about the end of the world. You play the role of a scientist, trapped in the very second of the apocalypse, and the game is about discovering what has happened. You do this by exploring a large open-world environment, and interacting with the objects, places and people you find to gradually unlock and put together the story.

There’s also a really cool thing you can do which makes the game really different and makes this process of exploring the story something you could only do in a game, but we’re keeping that secret for now. Expect a reveal about that in due course, but we’re very excited about it and can’t wait to show it off.

So what can you expect? Well, we can promise you that Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture will be powerful and deep, highly immersive and with an absolute focus on your emotional journey through the world. It’s non-linear, with a dynamic and adaptive environment, so this is about your story, a really individual experience that breaks away from the on-rails nature of lots of story-driven games into something that you have a visible impact on.

I love games like this... reminds me of Myst:love:, but with a deeper and darker story. As far as interactive environment is concerned, "CryEngine3" should be sufficient enough. ;)

The screens there look cool, and now that we know a bit more, it does sound exciting. If they can evoke a SOTC like feeling with the world, this could be really special !

Sounds interesting...

The beauty of Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, according to one of the devs working on the game, is that it’s designed to tell a story that’s simply not possible in film, television, or books. It’s crafted in such a way as to let the player take it on as he or she wants, with no guiding hand, no campaign, and no attempt to funnel you in a specific direction. There’s stuff to see and do everywhere, but you don’t have to see and do all of it, or even most of it. This is, ultimately, the epitome of non-linear, and it’s up to the player to decide what to do and how to do it.

For as much plant and animal life as there was, there’s no sign of a single human; just the plentiful evidence of lives no longer lived. The idea of the Rapture in Christian theology revolves around people being taken from Earth in preparation for the end of the world as we know it; The Chinese Room confirmed that you won’t literally run into other humans in the game, but rather signs – some obvious, some less so – of their respective, and now extinguished, existence. Whether or not there’s a religious connotation to everything remains to be seen; what I do know is that it’s up to the player to put the pieces of the puzzle together, an interesting concept indeed, since it won’t be entirely clear to the player what the puzzle even is.

I noticed instantly that Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture contains no on-screen clutter, a testament to the style of game The Chinese Room is attempting to make. There’s no HUD, no text, no tutorial, and not even a centered reticle.

Very interesting. Also that Santa Monica is backing this, and that CryEngine is being used, by the way. They have backed some excellent things in the past no doubt contributing to some hardcore coding techniques for things like the blades of grass in Flower and the sand stuff in Journey.

Very interesting. Also that Santa Monica is backing this, and that CryEngine is being used, by the way. They have backed some excellent things in the past no doubt contributing to some hardcore coding techniques for things like the blades of grass in Flower and the sand stuff in Journey.

I wonder how many PS4 users would actually give this title a chance? Knowing, there is very little human interaction and there is no bang-bang-shoot-them-up stuff going on. I hate it when good games - sleeper titles - go unrecognized.

I'm pretty sure I will be purchasing it... I love games that can be challenging, puzzling and engaging without resorting to all out violence on attracting attention.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15358-i...gone-rapture-screenshots-out-shows-power.html

Recently, The Chinese Room via Twitter shared some gorgeous looking in-game screenshots of Everybody's Gone to the Rapture showcasing highly-detailed environment that will feature in the game. This is probably the best example of what developers can achieve on Playstation 4 with Crytek's CryEngine. Check out the screenshots below and tell us what you guys think about it.

The art direction is gorgeous... yet, creepy.

everybodys-gone-to-the-rapture-1.jpg

everybodys-gone-to-the-rapture.jpg

It doesn't use the CryEngine ala Ryse, it uses the older Cry Engine 3

The older engine is still a monster though... it's still requires a beastly of a machine to run Crysis 3 with all the bells and whistles enabled.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture: Alpha
Well, we made it. Last week we submitted the alpha build for Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture to Sony Santa Monica for build approval and they gave us the big thumbs up. This means we’re hurtling straight towards Beta and then Gold.

We’ve just wrapped the first instance of a brand new AI system, which I can’t talk about without giving too much away, but together with the effort now going into ambient visual effects is bringing the world to life around us. The stunning voice-overs recorded last year are being fleshed out with visuals and foley, and we’re heading back to the studio in a couple of months to add the last parts of the game in, and there’s some incredibly exciting news headed your way about that in the near future.

I'm so ready for this game... :yep2:

Back