Everwild by Rare [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XPA]

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
At X019 Rare announced their next new IP named Everwild.

Platforms: Xbox One and Windows 10, Xbox Series X not confirmed
Release Date: TBA

8ad8b8ae-cc01-483e-b4f8-ad04b871bd61.jpg

News.Xbox.com said:
While Everwild is still early in development, we are very excited about the unique potential of the game we are creating. The Everwild team is focused on building an experience that allows for new ways to play in a natural and magical world. The development team, led by Executive Producer Louise O'Connor, is creating something truly original and incredibly special that aims to be more than just a new IP. Everwild will offer memorable, engaging and meaningful experiences for players everywhere to share. We cannot wait to share more with you in the future.

6b6c9d16-03eb-479f-9084-c27c1d69f208.jpg

9cb608ed-c340-47da-8ad3-53efa43f104c.jpg

1186da86-6f06-4672-a2d8-9d8eb5fd76c1.jpg

175393e4-b552-476d-a070-f08dc14dc686.jpg

Announcement: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/11/14/x019-rare-announce-everwild-and-sea-of-thieves-update/

Official Game Page on Xbox.com: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/everwild
Official Game Page on Rare.co.uk: https://www.rare.co.uk/games/everwild

News Articles
Eurogamer.net said:
Can you talk about how Everwild came to be?

Craig Duncan:
We will talk about the origin story later. Rare is a very special studio. And for us it's about finding the heart of what our special games are. I think Rare makes the kind of games the world doesn't have. Sea of Thieves was a very unique type of game, and I think Everwild is a very unique type of game.

We always incubate ideas and we always incubate things we think have potential and are special and very unlike other games. And when we find something that gets us excited and passionate, then that forms into a real thing.

VideoGamesChronicle.com said:
RARE’S CONFIRMED EVERWILD DEV TEAM (JAN 2020)*

* Twitter & LinkedIn links not included on source

EDIT: Xbox Games Showcase Trailer 7/23/2020

Tommy McClain

Last edited:
Craig Duncan, head of Rare, talked about Everwild on Polygon...

Sea of Thieves’ “very open development model” philosophy and an ever-evolving cooperative world is something that seems will carry over to Everwild, which Duncan described as “very unique.”

“We learned a lot from Sea of Thieves,” Duncan said. “At its heart, we love the idea of Sea of Thieves [and] players creating stories together. I think with Everwild, Louise [O’Connor] and her leadership team are really passionate about giving players a world that they can just lose themselves in — you know, a lot of nature feels magical. So the notion of, ‘What does it mean to nurture a world? What does it mean to be in nature?’ Part of the reason we haven’t talked a lot about Everwild is because we’re still feeling a lot of these things out. We’re still playing around with gameplay ideas. We’ll have plenty to say in the future on that, but … we have an idea we feel really passionate about, and we think there’s something special. I have a team of people that wake up every morning with the desire to make this game that they’re really, really passionate about.”

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/...os-phil-spencer-interview-matt-booty-series-x

Doesn't look we will get any details on it this week.

Tommy McClain

Starting to think it's a 4-player co-op adventure game with a animal symbiosis? Think Avatar & Viva Pinata meets Breath of the Wild? Whatever it is I'm stoked. LOL

Updated OP with new trailer.

Tommy McClain

They're being deliberately evasive on what the game actually is. I suspect it's going to be an open world coop nature explorer with little to no combat.
I was hoping it's turns out to be a God simulator like black and white. But with very detailed activities of your subjects.

They're being deliberately evasive on what the game actually is. I suspect it's going to be an open world coop nature explorer with little to no combat.

Unless, this game take place in a wilderness where the sentient beings have depopulated the area of major predators, how do you stay alive? If not combat, I hope the game has some wonderfully engaging taming mechanics.

Last edited:
Wow! What a great trailer...already rewatched it a dozen times!

The world looks amazing and very organic. Also, after playing so many games that are somewhat grounded in reality, it really excites me to have so much fantasy :)

Back