Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
voyagerrt1.jpg

voyager1dt5.jpg

I love ingame 'photography'. All things considered, Half Life 2 has some excellent architecture.

hlphoto1on6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Took some screenshots of Company of Heroes with the patch 2.201. Nice to see the graphical improvements aswell as gameplay improvments.
Really excited about the day/night cycles you can create easily for the maps. Silky smooth time-cycle transition with real-time sun position for all those nice shadows to move according to time!

Came out much blurrier than original and what would be good to show of all those small details but then I had to take down the original 1MB JPG size down!
CoH-PC.jpg

CoH-PC1.jpg

CoH-PC2.jpg

CoH-PC3.jpg

CoH-PC6.jpg

CoH-PC7.jpg

Wow! CoH really is one great looking game! Its definatly underated when people talk about the graphical heayweights IMO.

Wow! CoH really is one great looking game! Its definatly underated when people talk about the graphical heayweights IMO.

Apart from the screenshots being far more blurrier than what is then hell yes!

It really is, the effects, textures, detail, everything cast real-time shadows and recieves shadows (even smallest debris pieces!), everything breaks into lots of pieces etc. What a sight to see a jeep get torn down into pieces by a Puma, wheels, window shields, bumpers etc flying off and the soldiers rolling out dead (or flying)!

The physics engine in this being another impressive thing aswell as the smooth animations. Dang the amount of animations and smoothness is remarkable, seeing a tank drive smooth over rough terrain and how the tracks bend and the tank move accordingly.
Made me scratch my head in pure physics joy seeing soldiers fly up in the air from an explosion and then falling on a tank/objects rolling down like a real body would do, amazing!

And with my mod that changes various things it looks even better. I changed such thing as camera height, angle, LOD, texture mip/LOD levels (most are off!).
Gib amount, permanent marks on ground, more wounded soldiers aswell as dead soldiers staying visible.
Full physics for all ragdolls (dead soldiers), removed annoying selection rings and marks (around units) and then some!

Not to forget I made all debris stay on the map instead of being removed making it look like a real battlezone with the insane amount of debris laying around every where (engine might remove some when it feels it enters the "red zone" lol).

Made some nice changes to the machine guns and Puma/Greyhound anti-personell weapons. Quite a horrific sight seeing 3 squads of 6 soldiers getting torn into pieces, leaving body parts everywhere by the Puma 20mm cannon. Reminds me of Save Private Ryan movie and the 20mm German mobile cannon tearing the allied soldiers on top of the tank into pieces (was inspired by this for my mod!).... lighting/atmospheric changes etc....

But enough of my rant! :cool:

CoH is easily the best strategy game I've played in years, and typically I grow tired of them within minutes.

I need some advice on a capturing program, someone please recommend something other than FRAPs. Half the time, the damn thing doesn't even capture crap. I have a folder FULL of screwed up captures. And it'd be nice, for once, to make a video without my satellite radio interferring with the video.

I'll second that, best RTS so far for me.

You can use the printscreen keyboard button as this will make the game take a screenshot(s) and put it in your ...\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\screenshots folder. I used this method myself for my screenshots!:smile:

The colors in the last looks awersome

I think they were using some tweaks you posted. Or was that nebula? Oh I can't remember any more, probably a hybrid. I just wish I could remember what the exact settings were I used, looking back, they look mighty nice.

I was wondering, are these shots you're posting of normal areas in the gameworld? Not custom new areas or anything? Some of them look really nice, and surprisingly in all the wandering I've done so far I don't recall seeing many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back