ESPN Live Streaming & Games on Xbox?

AzBat

Agent of the Bat
Legend
NY Times is reporting that Microsoft is in negotiations with ESPN & Disney to bring live programming & games to Xbox Live. I can see that happening. Can't wait...

Microsoft has held in-depth discussions with the Walt Disney Company about a programming deal with ESPN, according to people close to the talks, who requested anonymity because the talks were intended to be private.

For a per-subscriber fee, ESPN could provide live streams of sporting events, similar to the ones available through ESPN 360, a service that is available from some high-speed Internet providers. Microsoft could also create some interactive games in association with ESPN, the people said, although a deal has not yet been struck.

Xbox Takes on Cable, Streaming TV Shows and Movies
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/19/business/media/19xbox.html?src=twt&twt=NYTimesAd

Tommy McClain

Sounds great. My issue, as always, is services like this being global. Or at least a Euro/Far East/South American equivalent. It's the same beef I have with PSN.

There's probably some part of the picture I'm missing though; just back from the gym!

As a fan that already frequently uses the ESPN 360 feed, it will be a welcome addition to the 360. Curious what their per use fee will be. I was always a little dumbfounded that we don't have more pay per view style sporting events for non local sports fans. I'd pay a dollar or 2 for HD feeds of individual sporting events.

Back