Electric Vehicle Thread!

Still no real news of cheaper cars that are upcoming, whether they are still coming or delayed
- Hyundai / Kia ima (or imv) platform based cars with LFP battery
- tesla model 2
- new citroen

Not sure with the upcoming cars from China brands.
Can't remember where in Europe you are. The e-C3 and EV3 are still due by the end of the year in the UK. The EV3 will still be close to £30k so not really cheap. Who knows with the Model 2? Probably further out and good luck actually getting one near launch.

Second hand prices for EVs have normalised here after being silly. You can pick up some good deals.

We're getting an e-Berlingo soon on a disability lease scheme that runs in the UK. It has terrible range but for our purposes will just mean adding a snack/charge break to the few long journeys we do. Possibly the least sexy car available unless you like boot space. 🙂

Feeling impatient as we were suppose to get it by the end of March. The car's made and sat at the import center waiting to be registered.

Can't remember where in Europe you are. The e-C3 and EV3 are still due by the end of the year in the UK. The EV3 will still be close to £30k so not really cheap. Who knows with the Model 2? Probably further out and good luck actually getting one near launch.

Second hand prices for EVs have normalised here after being silly. You can pick up some good deals.

We're getting an e-Berlingo soon on a disability lease scheme that runs in the UK. It has terrible range but for our purposes will just mean adding a snack/charge break to the few long journeys we do. Possibly the least sexy car available unless you like boot space. 🙂

Feeling impatient as we were suppose to get it by the end of March. The car's made and sat at the import center waiting to be registered.
yeah, hyundai/kia plan is for this year. btw isnt EV3 is suposedly to be lower than 30k UK money? IIRC its the EV5 (still china exclusive) that's around 30K UK money.

BYD on the other hand has managed to keep dropping their BEV prices despite still using the same platform.

btw isnt EV3 is suposedly to be lower than 30k UK money? IIRC its the EV5 (still china exclusive) that's around 30K UK money.

The EV3 is a Soul replacement, so probably around £28k. It'd be nice if it's cheaper! The EV5 will be pushing towards £40k, as its playing in the Model Y market.

Motorcycle engine in there as well, I seem to think? I'm old enough to remember seeing one or two of those going around when I was a kid. I'm not sure you even needed a fu licence to drive them!

Back