Edit .pdf files?

Hey,

I need to fill in some application forms for the exchange University I'm going to but these guys decided to use the cancer of the internet, .pfd to send me the files. I am allowed to fill them in by hand but it has to be in block letters which I can't write very well as I never learned how to and as the Uni is in Japan they can't read anything besides block letters which is why I rather type which is allowed too. But ofcourse .pdf being the awsome format it is, you can't. Unless you buy some overpriced piece of adobe software. I tried a online converter to word but that doesn't really work either once you start typing.

Is there any easy way to do this?

Don't know if its the most elegant way but you could try:-

Printing the PDF and scanning it back in as a .JPG.

Using paint shop pro or similar package and create a text layer and enter your text over the top of the graphic. Save and email back the graphic file as your filled in form.

Paint shop pro also has a screen cap facility, so depending on the size of the form, you could display the pdf on screen, then use PSP to screen cap that area of the screen, would save the print/scanning stage.

There is probably a better way.

If you have, or know anyone, with a Mac you can edit PDF files to some extent with the built-in PDF view (Preview).

Scanning isn't going to work. Besides it's so much work I might as well ask someone else to fill out it for me besides some of these papers are also required for my visa so I rather not do anything that might make them refuse the papers (small chance but still) as it takes them about 4 months to arrange everything and as it stands now I will only get all the documents I need right before the course starts so if they refuse something basically I'm screwed.

Nutball: I don't know anybody with a Mac.

I hate pdf. It's such a horrible system for everything but viewing files. Maybe I will just ask my mom. I have to go over there anyway to get my certificate of good health.

Yeah you can edit with foxit but it seems the trial version does not allow you to install the eastern language plugin and I need that. Though maybe it's OK to write all the Japanese stuff by hand. I will ask my teacher tomorrow.

I can write in capital letters but it just turns out very ugly because I never used them when I learned how to write so I always just write in the way that you connect all the letters of a word. No clue how that is called in english but Japanese can't read it so that is why I need capitals. Just want to make sure everything is clear as I've been waiting for this for 2.5 years.

Back