Easy way to obtain PS3?

DemoCoder

Veteran
Imagine my surprise when I bought one last night through BestBuy.com. The web site was being hammered, and I had to call up phone support to complete the order (website checkout hammered), but even today, they still have them listed in stock.

Either

1) they got a massive shipment
2) people largely unaware and gave up constantly checking for units
3) PS3 selling badly for other reasons (price, lack of content, post-holiday, etc)

I checked BB because I heard people had become so resigned to being unable to obtain PS3s, that most people gave up checking weekly at local stores, and since Ebay became saturated, prices have fallen to the point of no longer justifying even pimple faced teens from scalping all the local stores.

Apparently there are a few big stores with a few PS3's sitting on shelves - depending on what day and what time of the day you go...

The fact that people just don't know when the shipments come in means that sometimes a big store will get, say, 30 PS3's, and since no one knows they are there (everyone is still expecting not to be able to find any yet), they just sit there for a while. Not too long, mind you.

Back