EA resurrecting the Wing Commander franchise?

I ve alsways wanted to try the old ones

That should be very interesting :)

Count me in

I would pick this game up even if it was only slightly better than the movie. Wing Commander 1 through 3 are amongst my favourite games, evah. :D

How is Mark Hamill doing, these days ?

The "Arena" part scares me, though. And regarding EA-founded WC games, Wing Commander Prophecy was a decent game, but nowhere near the epic parts that were WC3 and 4...

The "Arena" part makes it sound like it will be a multi-player DM kind of game. Something like Q3Arena but with space planes and lasers.

I used to like the space shooting genre quite a bit. Freespace and Freelancer are some of my favorite PC games. I guess there were those X games too - X^2 I really enjoyed although it had serious flaws and the actual combat part was pretty awfull.

There is some movement under the radar for resurrecting some old franchises... this might as well be for real...

I would love to see proper WC game with serious budget behind it.
Meaning Single player storyline space shooter with space only missions.
Co-op wingman/gunner would be very nice feature, but I really hope that they will not do mostly multi-player game from WC.

Name arena makes me think of Wing Commander - Academy.. Which really wasn't highest point of the series..

(oh, just played WC3, WC4 and Prophecy trough again, played WC1&2 just before christmas.. :D)

I never played the "new" Wing Commanders, my only experience comes from Wing Commander 1 and 2 and they were awesome on PC that is. I also had WC 1 on Amiga 500 and hehe I still can't believe I actually played it through. New Wing commanders are certainly welcome in my book.

I would love to see proper WC game with serious budget behind it.
Meaning Single player storyline space shooter with space only missions.
Co-op wingman/gunner would be very nice feature, but I really hope that they will not do mostly multi-player game from WC.

Same here. That's why I'm weary of the "Arena" part. I want a big epic storyline, all those bar chat cutscenes (I think they could move from video to CG or even realtime cutscenes this time around), cheesy romance, and a great campaign. Prophecy was not bad, but there was not enough "filler" video compared to WC3 and WC4.

Same here. That's why I'm weary of the "Arena" part. I want a big epic storyline, all those bar chat cutscenes (I think they could move from video to CG or even realtime cutscenes this time around), cheesy romance, and a great campaign. Prophecy was not bad, but there was not enough "filler" video compared to WC3 and WC4.
It would be nice to just play trough Prophecy and count how much Casey and fellows drank booze during those bar scenes, it was a lot.. Or perhaps have it as a drinking game.
Have a shot when.
1. When someone drinks alcohol
2. When someone says word 'prophecy' or 'Nashrack'
3. When mission score is over 85% or under 50%
... and so on, might be interesting ... ;)

It would be nice to just play trough Prophecy and count how much Casey and fellows drank booze during those bar scenes, it was a lot.. Or perhaps have it as a drinking game.
Have a shot when.
1. When someone drinks alcohol
2. When someone says word 'prophecy' or 'Nashrack'
3. When mission score is over 85% or under 50%
... and so on, might be interesting ... ;)

:LOL:

"Sounds... like a good... mix... to me..."

Back