EA Create

patsu

Legend
EA announced its user-generated content game, Create, earlier. Looks like it's coming on Nov 16th:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/11/create-will-move-you-november-16th/

We have themed 140 Challenges divided into four main types.

Object challenges encourage you to look for the most efficient solution to a simple problem using a small set of items. These can actually be quite tough to solve! Scoretacular challenges seen in the video above are the complete opposite of the Object challenges, as you’re tasked with solving a problem in the most outlandish way possible using multiple objects and setting up crazy chains of events. This mode is incredibly fun and causes intense competition to find the wackiest solutions. Contraption challengespresent you with a set of parts, such as wheels, planks, pivots and girders, as well as a place on the screen where you can build. The challenge is to construct a contraption that works! Pick-up party is a bit more creative, as you are encouraged to take a number of different routes, not always the most obvious, in order to solve the challenge while picking up as many Create Sparks en-route as possible.

PlayStation Move allows us to streamline the controls to make something simpler and more intuitive to use. For instance, the precision it gives you when painting with our brushes, to rotating and scaling props and stickers in their scenes. Though PlayStation Move is fully supported in Create, it’s also not required.

Create isn’t a traditional game in that it doesn’t have separate ‘game modes’ – many of the tools and objects are available all of the time. For example, you can be working with a challenge solution, decide that you want to decorate their scene some more and do just that, in real time. Additionally, you can also create your own challenge at any time, play around with any of the game items to see what they do, or just create crazy chains of events (which is fun in its own right). We also allow you to share all of the above online with other creators. You can also download and remix other people’s solutions, creations and challenges via PSN.

EDIT: I thought I created a thread for "Create" before, but I can't find it now.

I got the release date from the PS Blog.

There are Move specific info too.

The original "Create" thread I posted mentioned multi-platform. In any case, everyone is welcomed to chip in ! ^_^
That's why it's a forum.

Anyone bought this game yet?
It is released already, but can't find any reviews for it anywhere.
Is it any good? How's the Move support?

Really ? I didn't know. When's the release date ?

EDIT: :LOL: I forgot ! I am interested in user impressions too.

I saw it in the store last week, so yeah, it must be out already. ;) I haven't paid much attention to it though.

Back