E3, Posting, Threads, Etc.

Sonic

Veteran
E3 has brought in a lot of new posters on the console board this year. This can be both good and bad depending on how one looks at it. The bad part of it is that volume gets really high and there can be a lot of noise that needs to be deleted or filtered through to find the good discussion. The good part is that it has brought forth a lot of great and intelligent discussion that hasn't been happening for the past few months. The quantity of discussion hasn't necessarily increased or decreased, but in terms of quantity discussion has increased so both good and bad has increased.

There are a lot of threads here that I've been reading through for the discussion of various topics. Most of these have had me intrigued and eager for responses from many of the old and new posters on this board. I just want to say a big thank you to those who have contributed during this time, E3, and have made the board a wonderful to place to post and read.

There have been a few to show bias towards Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft. This has been greater than during most other times of the console year. I don't see this as a major problem because it is expected to come out during E3 and especially at a point in the console world when three new systems will be coming out in the coming months and year. I would like to say thanks to those who've helped the discussion along through not flaming, bashing, or insulting companies or board members here.

E3 is a high energy event and is something that will have an after effect for a few weeks. It will be hard to determine right now if the current levels of posting on this board will remain even half of what it is right now. jvd and I, along with the other mods, will continue to moderate the board as best we can. Please bear with us as the time goes on as there is a lot to moderate and some of us have other things restricting our time right now.

This has been a great E3 and been a great time, mostly, for the board and I am grateful for all those who contributed in a positive, calm, yet highly energized way that has made reading the countless posts so enjoyable.

Back