DUST 514 spinof of EVE Online

Heard stuff about EVE Online/MMO. What is it ?

A bit late, damn you real life. :p

But in a nutshell...

Eve Online = MMORPG in space with huge space ships as your avatar. The smallest combat ship you can fly is frigate sized (10's of crewmen) and the largest being Titan/Mothership (soon to be Super Carrier) sized (1000's of crewmen).

Dust 514 = FPS/RPG MMO set in the same locations and interconnected with Eve Online, but set at all the places you can't explore with a huge spaceship. IE - Planets, Space Stations, etc...

And Eve Online = PC only while Dust 514 sounds like it's console only.

I'm kinda interested to see how they integrate the two games. But not at all interested in a console MMO.

Regards,
SB

A bit late, damn you real life. :p

Dust 514 = FPS/RPG MMO set in the same locations and interconnected with Eve Online, but set at all the places you can't explore with a huge spaceship. IE - Planets, Space Stations, etc...

Regards,
SB
just to cored one thing in a future expansion (2 expansion of 2010 ) eve online will allow players to exit pods and interact with other player avatars in the communal setting of the interior of a stations and also also the first expansion of 2010 be to introduce planetary interactions to the game: the ability to own, manage, develop and manufacture on planet surfaces.

just to cored one thing in a future expansion (2 expansion of 2010 ) eve online will allow players to exit pods and interact with other player avatars in the communal setting of the interior of a stations and also also the first expansion of 2010 be to introduce planetary interactions to the game: the ability to own, manage, develop and manufacture on planet surfaces.

It's something they've been promising for a few expansions now, but never delivered as it was never quite right. Not going to hold my breath, and honestly, I'd rather they spent more time on bugs/new features for space combat/exploration/developement than being able to "walk around a space station." :)

That said, I am interested in the planetary terraforming and exploitation if they can get it right.

Regards,
SB

It's something they've been promising for a few expansions now, but never delivered as it was never quite right. Not going to hold my breath, and honestly, I'd rather they spent more time on bugs/new features for space combat/exploration/developement than being able to "walk around a space station." :)

That said, I am interested in the planetary terraforming and exploitation if they can get it right.

Regards,
SB
from what i have heard both expansions are looking good rite now
noun's a few devs in ccp Reykjavik
just give them a few bears and they sing like no tomorrow :cool::smile:

Back