Dual core / Windows scheduler / power saving

Frank

Certified not a majority
Veteran
With my new X2 processor and fresh Windows XP install, some things have speeded up. But others have become less responsive. My wireless mouse / keyboard and half the games I tried so far aren't happy.

I installed the scheduler fix from Microsoft and turned Cool and Quiet off, and while that fixes about half the problems, the other half remains.

What is the best way to fix this?

With my new X2 processor and fresh Windows XP install, some things have speeded up. But others have become less responsive. My wireless mouse / keyboard and half the games I tried so far aren't happy.

I installed the scheduler fix from Microsoft and turned Cool and Quiet off, and while that fixes about half the problems, the other half remains.

What is the best way to fix this?

I'm guessing it's a driver for wiresless that's the culprit. My x2 setup is more responsive in all ways but no wireless...

I ask this of everyone who does a fresh / full reinstall, so it's nothing personal -- did you install all the chipset drivers? You probably did, but just in case ;)

I ask this of everyone who does a fresh / full reinstall, so it's nothing personal -- did you install all the chipset drivers? You probably did, but just in case ;)
That will probably be it. It don't like the nVidia drivers at all. They make great chipsets, but really poor drivers. I took pains NOT to install their RAID drivers, internet security, etc. The last times I did that, those made a terrible mess of things. I only installed the driver of the chipset itself, and all the device drivers.

So now to find out which one I need, while avoiding the bad stuff.

I'm guessing it's a driver for wiresless that's the culprit. My x2 setup is more responsive in all ways but no wireless...
The wireless keyboard and mouse have no drivers, AFAIK. But I agree that it's probably the same thing that causes the other problems.

Back