Dscaler

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
Ok here it goes. I ve downloaded Dscaler in an effort to check if my PC can get video input. My PC came with a wire that is inserted on the S-video socket. That wire is for enabling my PC to connect the yellow video plug.

In other words I can connect this
300px-Composite.jpg
with my computer through the s-video.

I installed the Dscaler and run it with my DVD player connected on my PC, but I get no image. Dscaler doesnt report any error. When I start it ,it searches for my PC settings and starts normally. No image though.

Is there something I should have done?

I am not sure to be honest.

But my PC came with this

composite-s-video-cable_medium.jpg

Any way I can find out if I have Vivo? The only think I could find (after searching a lot at Nvidia's site) is that Nvidia released Geforce 6 and 7 series graphic cards with Vivo support. I dont know if mine is included.

It is a Gforce 7500LE.

This card?

If so:

Analog Monitor-15-PIN VGA connector
TV Out - S-VIDEO
Digital Flat Panel - DVI-I
What you have there is a TV-out, no input.

EDITED BITS: DOH! I'm an idiot, that's an ATi Radeon 7500LE... :oops: I'll find the right one.

EDITED BITS II: I'll still bet dollars to donuts that it's a viddy out only port.

http://xtreview.com/addcomment.php?id=389&view=7500le--7300se-7600le

GeForce 7300 SE it will be based on chip G72, for certain this videocard intends for the OEM-market.and the Mysterious GeForce 7500 LE videocard too will be basedon chip G72,but with more advanced characteristics in comparison with GeForce 7300 family . Such name can confuse buyers who will see in it a relationship with videocardsof series GeForce 7600. By the way, videocard GeForce 7600 LE will be based on chip G73 so here no dirty trick is present.

What does that mean though? Is it Video Out only?

In case there is no video in, do you happen to know of a good HW plug in that enables for video in at high resolutions?

Sure! ATi 550 Theatre card is a charm and I love mine, but I'd recommend one of their newer ones probably. :)

What's your budget on it? What do you plan do use it for?

Heh...budget is my biggest problem currently. Cant buy anything right now. But I am looking forward once I ll finish my master degree and get a proper job. :)

So any suggestions are welcome.

I mainly want it to record video from my old tapes, capture videos from my consoles and/or play them on my PC.

Back