Dreams : create, share & play [PS4, PS5]

IMHO, I think most of us expect it to be way bigger than LBP.

PS: quick question about LBP (I already asked in the What are you playing now? thread, but nobody replied yet): which one of the three iterations is best for 2 players gameplay (with the same console, at the same time)? Thank you!

Why do you expect Dreams to be bigger? Most people only consume content and do not produce it. And it seems "harder" to make something in Dreams.

As for LPB, I think I played nr 1 and 2, but I seem to recall there was always the option of 4 players as long as you had enough controllers. Now if some maps/levels was better for co-op in 1 or 2 I have no idea.

Why do you expect Dreams to be bigger? Most people only consume content and do not produce it. And it seems "harder" to make something in Dreams.
Dreams is designed to be a great content creator, not just platforming games (yes, I know that LBP was used to do more exotic things, but it was harder).

Yes, most people only consume content and do not produce it, but Dreams seems to make it so intuitive and enjoyable just to play around with the tools and even to watch how other do things. I'm sure it will be a fad for lots of people, a title which they will revisit now and then, but I'm also sure that other people will be very active and producing content, which will bring new life to it on a regular basis.

Regarding hardness, haven't you watched the videos and how quickly they do stuff? :) It can't be faked. Now, most PS users have several motion controllers, and it's not expensive to buy them if you don't own them already.

Maybe I'm way too optimistic, I admit it, but I think I've seen enough and read enough (people are crazy with this game, lots of gamers waiting for it to be released).

Dreams is designed to be a great content creator, not just platforming games (yes, I know that LBP was used to do more exotic things, but it was harder).

Yes, most people only consume content and do not produce it, but Dreams seems to make it so intuitive and enjoyable just to play around with the tools and even to watch how other do things. I'm sure it will be a fad for lots of people, a title which they will revisit now and then, but I'm also sure that other people will be very active and producing content, which will bring new life to it on a regular basis.

Regarding hardness, haven't you watched the videos and how quickly they do stuff? :) It can't be faked. Now, most PS users have several motion controllers, and it's not expensive to buy them if you don't own them already.

Maybe I'm way too optimistic, I admit it, but I think I've seen enough and read enough (people are crazy with this game, lots of gamers waiting for it to be released).

But the barrier of entry to create your own content in Dreams, seems to me, to be higher from what I have seen. And the reason I bought into LBP last time, was because it looked like a fun game and not because of the creation tools.
I am guessing that was the same for most of LBP's owners.

The last time I had fun building tracks and what not, was with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_Destruction_Set and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot-'Em-Up_Construction_Kit :D

I do hope it is a hit

But the barrier of entry to create your own content in Dreams, seems to me, to be higher from what I have seen. And the reason I bought into LBP last time, was because it looked like a fun game and not because of the creation tools.
I am guessing that was the same for most of LBP's owners.

The last time I had fun building tracks and what not, was with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_Destruction_Set and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot-'Em-Up_Construction_Kit :D

I do hope it is a hit

There is a "game" on PSVR, Vive and Rift called Rec Room where people are creating their own rooms with games inside them. It's supposed to be a big success (its also free, so that's a factor for sure), although I've only used it once and it's not my thing either.

I feel if ever there was an argument for PS4 games to be forwards compatible, it's Dreams. It's been years in the making, would benefit greatly from a more powerful console with a more powerful CPU and for better VR, and the idea that it could just die as a concept within a couple of years of launch when the hardware gets replaced is tragic. The Dreams code needs to work on PS5.
Or they'll make Dreams 2 for the PS5 and make it backwards compatible with the content from the first game, like LPB2.

Comic Sands. Short game created in 3 days:
That's great ! How complex a game created by Deams can be ? How many game variables can it contains ? For example can a game like Donkey kong country 2 be remade in Dreams (with game stats, secret discovered, levels finished etc) ?

Music!

PS, I read somewhere that the amount of objects in screen is limited, but I haven't read anything about it anywhere else. Does anybody know something about this?

No matter how functional, it really wants audio import so we can mix tracks in a proper MIDI enabled editor and combine with our movies.

Do they really have to turn that vignette filter on all the time?

Back