Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen - Wii Launch title!

Titanio

Legend
From Gamespot's live coverage of Square-Enix's conference - quite the surprise!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149412.html

Here we go--Dragon Quest is coming to the Wii. Some dude is fighting a stone golem in a forest. Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors. Launch title for the Wii! No real footage of the game, but still, big news.

Yes, it's not a numbered DQ, but still..to have it at launch is excellent.

edit - also, Crystal Chronicles for DS and Wii:

The hits keep on coming--now we have Akitoshi Kawazu, exec. producer of Crystal Chronicles. Two new games from that series: one DS, one Wii. DS game is Ring of Fates, and will have wi-fi multiplayer (duh). Looks a bit more whimsical than the Cube version, same basic sense of style though. They're showing four players at once, like you'd expect. Yay DS!

Seems IGN's sources were right on the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Titanio said:
Yes, it's not a numbered DQ, but still..to have it at launch is excellent.

Wow that is really surprising. I didn't think they'd release a DQ spin-off for Wii. S-E seems to continue their strategy: The original franchise stay on PS, while the other consoles receive spin-offs such as FF:CC.

More on Chrystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, for Wii:

That Final Fantasy theme still makes me all misty-eyed. Wow, these visuals are nice--random shots of CC-style little dudes fighting bombs and other monsters. If any of that was real-time footage of the game, the Wii graphics ought to do us just fine. Hard to say if it was just CG, though. Code name: Chrystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers. No major details on the game available yet though.

one said:
This is a probably a sequel of this sword swinging toy "Kenshin Dragon Quest".

I am hoping for something more sophisticated and with more RPG elements.

Back