Doom [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here;s how it looked before it got cancelled and redone:
Looked pretty great from those pics, IMO. I think I would have enjoyed a game like that. Sad that they have such difficulty getting shit done over at id, if they don't shape up, their next game is going to take 20 years to complete... :p

Valve is getting just as bad by the way. 300 employees doing god-knows-what.

Yeah I think it was Blur.
Oh that wasn't in game? Lol boy that fooled me.

Well it does look heavily story driven I wonder if they scrapped it because Doom is largely just an FPS with little to no story.

Some of the scenes are in-engine I believe. The hallways with the soldier running through & the FPS view (massive disparity in quality).

There's been a nice jump in CG in the past 5 years, the scenes in that short video are quite aged by now. However it's also something clearly impossible in realtime at that age :)

*Sigh* It had to be too good to be true, didn't it? :(

Anyways, gameplay, probably story-driven; general mood and feel, it all resonated with me. I wish we could have had this Doom; after all, D2 was set on earth, twenty friggin years ago... Jesus christ, how can it be so long?!

Some people say it was going too far the Call of Duty road... Contemporary weapons and settings and all.

Yeah, I didn't really feel it as a Doom title. Didn't seem like it shared much sci-fi/fantasy setting with the armour & gun. Almost thought it was Rage with the rag tag people. Or something. *shrug* Maybe it was just the art direction.

Yeah, however the one thing that didn't leak and hasn't really been seen by anyone as far as I know was is the monsters... were there any, and how did they look like and so.
It really looked like a more serious implementation of Doom 2's "Hell on Earth" theme, and there's definitely great potential in that. I guess we'll never know.

Some people say it was going too far the Call of Duty road... Contemporary weapons and settings and all.
Yeah, well, Doom always had several contemporary-ish weapons; pistol, shotguns, minigun, rocket launcher. Setting... Hm, well, what would cities in the future really look like? Mega-skyrises all over the place? Hard to make a compelling landscape out of, you either couldn't see anything because of all the supertall, superlarge structures, or everything would just be mountains of rubble and not be relatable.

The buildings in the D4 leak reminds us of traditional north american architecture, it resonates stronger with us that way. It has meaning, and history, it's not just a bunch of made-up hokey shit thrown together for a computer game level... :p

Oh YEAHHH BABY!
image_doom-28560-1156_0003.jpg

image_doom-28560-1156_0004.jpg
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_doom_images-16643_en.html
This is now my most anticipated shooter bar none. Love all the decapitations, gibs, chainsaw cutting and melee kills :drool:..The upgraded graphics are also stunning, very nice HDR, dynamic lights, Bokeh DOF, slow mo and of course object motion blur, really brings that sweet gory atmosphere to the game. Now hope it's 1080p on the PS4, but hell gonna get it either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back