Doom [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow co op in Doom ? I really need to finish its campaign now. good that I bought it digital.
talking of which..., you got it digital (why do you take it as an advantage, btw?) but I am at a crossroads. The PS4 and XB1 version of Doom cost 20€ at Game here, but I live in the countryside, in a 40 inhabitants village, plus I am not at home during the morning -when usually mail packages are delivered-, but the digital version it costs 60€...and I want this game so badly.

GOTY 2016? Most likely. Well deserved, if so. Best FPS since Quake 3 Arena? Most likely. A game that challenges the players, without scripts, finally you can forget about covers and instant regeneration., a game where you don't know where enemies will appear and come from and the AI keeps you constantly moving? Yeah, Doom

VerifiableWellmadeChickadee.gif

I installed Doom and it takes up 45 GB of space. Now I don't have space for more games in my X1 original hard drive. My list of (untouchable) 60 games after Doom is as follows (note that there are 134 games that I also have, mostly little arcade games and bc titles):

Whats_App_Image_2016_12_22_at_19_09_06.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2016_12_22_at_19_15_02.jpg

A bit sad that the numerous rendering problems are not addressed while still releasing paid DLC. To me these artifacts are pretty distracting during gameplay (might also be a professional problem when working in graphics...).

That's weird. I'm fairly sure I don't get that on my 980Ti.
The lens flare issue is visible on each an every platform (even consoles). The other interference patterns are visible on all NV cards. I am sure you will see it (but beware it cannot be unseen!)...

A bit sad that the numerous rendering problems are not addressed while still releasing paid DLC. To me these artifacts are pretty distracting during gameplay (might also be a professional problem when working in graphics...).

Havent noticed those during my playthrough on the PS4. Perhaps they were there and didnt notice

A popular form of clickbait article. I sometimes use these silly lists to figure out new games to try though.

Last edited:
Honestly that looks better than I would have expected. If they still target 60fps, I would have to think the resolution will be 720p docked and maybe 540p portable. Odds are if you are a Switch gamer, these types of compromises wont be a deal breaker. No one buys a Switch expecting cutting edge graphics. Getting Skyrim, Doom and Wolfstein 2 from Bethesda is more support than I ever expected from them. I was originally thinking Skyrim was going to be a one and done thing, and luckily I was wrong.

Neat that they are making the MP portion of Doom a separate downloadable package. Hopefully they will update the other platforms similarly for digital versions. In future games, I could still see them including whatever they can pack onto disc just to reduce the burden on a customer's monthly ISP bandwidth.

At worst they could just split the SP and MP into two discs with MP being an install disc, not usable for launching or playing, though I imagine for future Doom, they ought to give up on the competitive MP seeing as how Quake exists. Not worth the investment for Doom. *shrug*

Portable Doom? - now that sounds bloody brilliant. Let's just hope they won't have to compromise in the area of performance too much. I'm not even asking for what is more or less a 60 fps lock on the PS4 as I'm generally not too bothered by fluctiations here and there. Still, they should aim for 60. It's an integral part of the game's DNA.

Never been a nintendo guy apart from my first gaming experiences of my childhood so no interest in switch but these would be some solid visuals for a portable device.

Can't see them targeting anything below 60fps for doom.

The so-called PS4 shots don't really lok like PS4 shots.

maxresdefault.jpg

Really obvious when comparing the details of the rocky structure behind the armor. In reality it looks quite a bit crisper still. That screen shot is hella blurry as well unfortunately.

Still, should look excellent on a portable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back