Doom [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heavily doubt those are Console game pictures. I reserve judgment until seeing actual console game play videos.

AA is "solved problem".

I still remember the time when I booted up Infamous Second Son. :D I commented that nextgen console gaming has finally entered into fabled "PC bullshot" territory. Since then, many other games had awesome IQ.

Yeah there's no denying that temporal post-processing AA is pretty nice. The loss of image detail is still a bit of a problem though.

Last edited:
GTA V looks damn good to me in terms of IQ, and while Bloodborne is far from perfect in that regard, it's not exactly what I'd refer to as hugely problematic either. Pretty sure Doom's gonna look great. I'm far more worried about its qualities as a game.

GTA V looks damn good to me in terms of IQ, and while Bloodborne is far from perfect in that regard, it's not exactly what I'd refer to as hugely problematic either. Pretty sure Doom's gonna look great. I'm far more worried about its qualities as a game.

GTAV has terrible image quality IMO. I run at 1080p with FXAA and 2xTXAA on the PC and its still bad.

quick question (no point in starting a new thread)
did doom 3 bfg edition include the expansion ?
Yup.

Not sure if folks re-enabled command console support though (~). I had the impression the modding was gimped as a result.

Brand new great pictures

doom-pc_279943.jpg

doom-pc_279941.jpg

doom-pc_279940.jpg

doom-pc_279938.jpg

Need Pinky demons, and invisible pinky demons. And rooms full of invisible pinky demons.

Regards,
SB
Once tested invisible shotgun zombies, suddenly game got a nice feel of paranoia.. (only visible part was flame and area it lighted when they show and even smaller area when they got hit..)
Invisible pinkies would be sweet..

Are there no pinky demons in this game?
I haven't seen one yet.
Need Pinky demons, and invisible pinky demons. And rooms full of invisible pinky demons.

Regards,
SB
I remember as a kid using a Doom map editor and editing the fourth level of the first world with several sections and adding lots of pinkies, lots and lots, they were so fun looking, and exploding barrels and stuff. Those were the days

I hope that was a console trailer. Not impressed by that video.

I hope that was a console trailer. Not impressed by that video.
I take it you're talking about the visuals. I highly doubt it's going to look that much different on PC. (Like most multiplatform games these days) The game is being made with a 1080p 60 fps target on consoles, because their priority is resolution and framerate over fidelity. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/doom-dev-we-want-to-be-the-best-looking-game-out-t/1100-6429178/

With that target in mind, I don't think it looks bad. You just have to lower your expectations. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back