Does something like philosophical zombies exist for real?

Orion

Regular
Normally one would think philosophical zombies are doubtful to exist maybe even illogical. But there is an experiment that makes me believe that what appears to be a zombie exists except that there is a way to detect them. Either that or these people have some severe short term memory or perception problems.

I'm referring to the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBPG_OBgTWg

Think there was just one or two people who actually realized something changed.

I heard in Russia or some country i've forgotten, there was some symptom that kind of looked like zombie symptom, where some of people there consumed this dangerous medicine or poison, and they turned into some kind of zombies. it's true. I'm not lying!!

I heard in Russia or some country i've forgotten, there was some symptom that kind of looked like zombie symptom, where some of people there consumed this dangerous medicine or poison, and they turned into some kind of zombies. it's true. I'm not lying!!
yes its called krokodile
though theyre not zombies as in they cant infect someone else .... hmmm actually

yes its called krokodile
though theyre not zombies as in they cant infect someone else .... hmmm actually

Yeah - that's kind of scary. I don't want that zombie thing that we see in the movies can really happen in this world. Human should be careful with using creatures as lab experiments. we never know that those creatures can escape from the lab and start infecting human into becoming zombies.

Crack heads in my town sure look like zombies allright. They can't say coherent words, they shamble along in disgustingly dirty clothes, they often have open wounds here and there, have this strong craving for crack about as much as a zombie has for brains, and the police feels no remorse in popping them with bullets when necessary.

I think zombies already exist in my country, and they are those drug dealers and smugglers. They destruct our young generation for the shake of huge pile of cash. They already look, walk, move and talk like zombies when they are high.

They destruct our young generation for the shake of huge pile of cash.

I personaly don't like that line of thinking. Nobody corrupts they young, they do that to themselves. As naive as minors are, they have enough world knowledge to know what decisions are responsable and which ones are reckless. Naivety should be no escapegoat, as many adults are about as naive as teenagers.

Also, no drug is some magic potion that instantly turns anybody into a mindless adict, although media and many Government Programes unfortunately portray them as so. That mentality, although good intentioned (as it intents to convince people of never using heavy drugs through fear and thus never even run the risk of getting into trouble with them) not only fails at that, but also feed heavy users of a feeling of powerlessness and takes the responsibility for their lazy-assenes out of their backs, and often even imposes the social archetype of do-nothing crazy junkie into people who would otherwise not act such way despite having experimented with drugs or not.

But that is a whole other topic, and a very sensitive one.

I personaly don't like that line of thinking. Nobody corrupts they young, they do that to themselves. As naive as minors are, they have enough world knowledge to know what decisions are responsable and which ones are reckless. Naivety should be no escapegoat, as many adults are about as naive as teenagers.

Also, no drug is some magic potion that instantly turns anybody into a mindless adict, although media and many Government Programes unfortunately portray them as so. That mentality, although good intentioned (as it intents to convince people of never using heavy drugs through fear and thus never even run the risk of getting into trouble with them) not only fails at that, but also feed heavy users of a feeling of powerlessness and takes the responsibility for their lazy-assenes out of their backs, and often even imposes the social archetype of do-nothing crazy junkie into people who would otherwise not act such way despite having experimented with drugs or not.

But that is a whole other topic, and a very sensitive one.

Let me tell how all that sounds.
It sounded like, "who gives a fuck about the dealers, it's the lazy ass junkies fault".
And yes you guessed it, it was all bullshit.

Back