Does Rogue Leader ever run below 30fps?

Good one. I'm just worried about the game dropping to anything below 30fps (in-game); that is one of the most annoying things that could happen to me while playing.

Rogue Leader, yes. If you get into a certain spot, it can just die.. and is very inconsistent overall.

I haven't played enough of the Rebel Strike (Rogue Leader's sequel) demo to tell you about that one.

Happened to me in the two last missions only. (Rogue Leader, NOT Rebel Strike)

There were about 2 or 3 times I noticed it dipped severely. but it was never unplayable. BTW Rebel Strike is supposed to run at 60 fps..did I read that somewhere? That is just sick.

It isn't sick; Rogue Leader does 60fps too when it can, which is like 90% of the time.

One of the only levels where the frame rate drops reliably is the land one with the fallen Star Destroyer (don't remember the name). The water was programmed in as an afterthought, basically imported directly from Battle for Naboo...

The water was programmed in as an afterthought, basically imported directly from Battle for Naboo...

Only I don't expect that Battle for Nabooo sported 8 texture passes :D

And as for the topic question, you bet it does! Some bits it runs well, others it drops to Halo like levels!

I'd say it holds a consistent framerate roughly 70% of the time altogether.

Yeah, RL had no water till about 2 weeks before it went gold. F5 put in the Battle Of Naboo's water and added a bump map. RS' water looks incredible.

Goldni said:
Yeah, RL had no water till about 2 weeks before it went gold. F5 put in the Battle Of Naboo's water and added a bump map. RS' water looks incredible.

talk about optimisation :LOL:
.......talk about rushing a game for GC launch :LOL: :LOL:

I've read some RL reviews and many of them mention the game fluctuates between 60 and 30 fps, additionally, one of them mentioned the game drops lower than that on a few cutscenes.

Are you sure the game can drop below 30 fps during gameplay?

Luminescent said:
I've read some RL reviews and many of them mention the game fluctuates between 60 and 30 fps, additionally, one of them mentioned the game drops lower than that on a few cutscenes.

Are you sure the game can drop below 30 fps during gameplay?

Yes. For instance in the bombing mission you could cause the framerate to totally stutter. My brother showed me that.

Back