Does PC case made of metal strong enough to contain lithium battery fire?

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
BEWARE NSFEs NSFL

zzzzzzzz.jpg
Im planning to stuff this monster of cables into a PC case (the one on the bottom). Hopefully making it looks easy neater and safer as the lithium batteries gonna be inside a box made of metal.

Does PC case made of metal strong enough to contain lithium battery fire?

The routers, switches, HDDs will still be outside. The things stuffed into the PC case gonna be
  • Lithium batteries
  • power adapters
  • power strips

This should be Orangelupa proof
C7nczfb.jpg

I'd invest in something like tp link/kasa smart plugs and a cheap ip camera so you can check in on your stuff and remotely power off the chargers if need be.

I also doubt that a pc case will hold the explosion from the lithium battery and if you have a bunch in there it might make others blow up

ammo boxes wont work it seems

this guy uses a metal tool box with modifications like dry wall on the bottom and dry wall dividers between them and above them sand bags to try and help smother the flames. He tests it out at the end of video. Might be a cheap solution. your looking for ?

this guy makes one also and speaks about why the dry wall which helps to insulate the heat so the metal box doesn't cause other things around it to catch fire.

For my remote control cars , I only play with them around the property. So I made a full cement box in my shed and have a bag of play sand above it on a broken glass table ( glass removed) so if flames do escape the bag will melt and dump out on the cement box. But i don't have a lot of batteries.

Back