Does anyone have a HD tv, Oblivion and The Outfit on 360?

Got myself a 360 at the weekend, very happy until I came across a strange problem.
Tried to load up 'The Outfit' and it complained about my tv being set to Pal-50, very strange as I am connected using component cables to a high def set. The pal-50 / pal-60 option is not available to change when using high-def mode. So I switched out of high-def, changed the setting and changed back to high-def. 'The Outfit' then worked.

Next I go back to playing oblivion, put the disc in and the box treats it as a DVD rather than a game. Tried a few things (reset etc). In the end I had to change the Pal-50/60 setting back to Pal 50 for it to work.

Anyone had any similar issues? Any tidier solutions?

CC

Can't help you here im afraid, but i've seen a guy with your same problem on the AVforums and some guy apparently resolved it... Seems easy too...

the solution I heard is set the video cable to tv mode, set it to pal 60 then.. turn the box off, reset it to hd mode, and you're set.

Sounds like that is what he did and it got The Outfit working fine, but stopped Oblvion from working as well.

kyleb said:
Sounds like that is what he did and it got The Outfit working fine, but stopped Oblvion from working as well.
Yeah. Basically I can get both of them working but I have to faff around changing settings, which doesn't seem right on a console.

I just wondered if there was an easier way.

They both look very nice though!
CC

I had also a problem in that genre... mainly for video dvd playback.
screen was skipping with pal60, i had to change it to pal50 (and it wasnt a problem of the TV )

Back