DOA Ultimate is beautiful

DemoCoder

Veteran
Man, I just got this game yesterday, and I don't think I've seen a more beautiful X-Box game, it looks so good in 16:9 480p, and the online play rocks. The virtual arcade mode brings back old skool memories of putting your quarter on the machine and waiting your turn to kick ass.

I simply don't have enough time to play all the excellent games I bought that are coming in the next 6-8 weeks. DOAU, HL2, Halo2, MGS3, EQ2, Battle for Middle Earth

Can you get into a little more detail about the online play? Such as is there any noticeable lag at times or is there a delay in the game at all?

DemoCoder said:
Man, I just got this game yesterday, and I don't think I've seen a more beautiful X-Box game, it looks so good in 16:9 480p, and the online play rocks. The virtual arcade mode brings back old skool memories of putting your quarter on the machine and waiting your turn to kick ass.

is it just the screenshots that i came across or are the char shadows in that game indeed that bad?

Certainly is. Tean Ninja knows their stuff, that's for sure. ;) Hopefully the gameplay has been tightened, though. Back on the Dreamcast, DOA2 was "the other fighting game that looks great, but isn't good." (While Soul Calibur ate... well... our souls. ;) ) At least the online options will spruce it up notably, but it can't counter everything.

The game is faster now, and counters are alot harder to execution taking away some of the cheese factor in DOA3. Online play is flawless. No perceptible lag.

DemoCoder said:
The game is faster now, and counters are alot harder to execution taking away some of the cheese factor in DOA3. Online play is flawless. No perceptible lag.
That's good. Easy countering was one of my biggest issues with DoA2. (Of course I don't actually know how DoA3 compares to #2. ;) )

Back