Do you personally use a bag suitable for a larer portable gaming device?

Do you use a bag/backpack suitable for carrying a larger portable gaming device?

• Tried but not enough room for my Macbook Pro and a latte.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have such enormous pockets, I don't need a tech bag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
From the Nintendo NX thread on the discussion of what constitutes a portable device, does a portable need to be pocket sized, or are there enough bag carrying folk that the device can be larger?

I believe the latter. The days of only women having large bags to carry all their stuff strike me as long gone. Guys carry loads of gear too, especially in the work week.

There is also weight issue. Also non clamshell would need separate case too (although I use it for 3DS too).

From what I see, at work all my coworkers (females too) use Back Packs for their laptops, Surface Pads, Android Tablets, Phones, and lunch bags. However when travelling between the different buildings for meetings they put their phones in their pocket and carry the Surface Pads or Tablets without any bags, just using the attached cover.

When they're travelling outside of work like shopping or heading out for lunch or dinner then they just carry the phones and surface or tablets (using attached cover) in a mini stack of those 2 devices.

If they have a larger laptop then its always with the backpack.

I'd count a backpack as a bag. If they can put a tablet or laptop in it, they can put in a portable gaming device. I've changed the poll question to match the thread title and be non style-specific.

I cycle to work these days, so always have one panier for clothes + a laptop one too occasionally.

When I've commuted by other means I've always had some sort of bag. Lunch/kindle/laptop all need a home.

It isn't even remotely considered a portable, but I put my entire PC in a backpack when I travel to Japan. :p That's a full blown i5 gaming PC with an upper tier GPU. :D

Regards,
SB

I carry a laptop everywhere. That used to be a MacBook Air and now it's the new(ish) MacBook. Size, weight and battery life are the dominant factors, I don't need performance on the go.

Started bringing a backpack to work to carry my Surface Pro 4. If I'm going to be in a more formal environment, I'll just bring a suitcase.

That said, it's really rare nowadays for me to only carry stuff in my pockets.

Have messenger bags and backpacks but rarely take my laptop on the go.

Will go around with iPad when traveling or occasionally around the home.

But I've never owned a dedicated portable gaming device and don't really see taking it around. Certainly different living in US suburbs where you have to drive to get anywhere vs. a big European city where you can sit in public transport for stretches of time.

Have messenger bags and backpacks but rarely take my laptop on the go.

Will go around with iPad when traveling or occasionally around the home.

But I've never owned a dedicated portable gaming device and don't really see taking it around. Certainly different living in US suburbs where you have to drive to get anywhere vs. a big European city where you can sit in public transport for stretches of time.

I definitely used my PSP and now my 3DS a lot more in Japan than I ever do in the USA. There are some exceptions, like MH4U got played a lot in the house on my 3DS. :p

Regards,
SB

This is an intriguing topic. I personally find carrying around a laptop too cumbersome these days so rarely bring it with me. When I do it's always in the same sturdy messenger bag I've had for years, it has a padded inside for laptops and works great for my tablet as well. I bring my tablet around with me half the time depending upon the circumstances. I do find tablets to be more "mobile" than a laptop. It's easier to carry around and use when on the go.

But none of them get the usage like my phone does, which offers the ultimate in portability. Just sticking a device in my pocket that does so much and not having to carry around a bag is a beautiful thing. I'd definitely be more willing to carry a portable gaming system that fits in my pocket than a device that requires me to have a bag. But maybe these days it would be more apt to call devices that fit in one's pocket mobile instead of portable, and portable could be akin to a laptop and tablet.

This is an intriguing topic. I personally find carrying around a laptop too cumbersome these days so rarely bring it with me. When I do it's always in the same sturdy messenger bag I've had for years, it has a padded inside for laptops and works great for my tablet as well. I bring my tablet around with me half the time depending upon the circumstances. I do find tablets to be more "mobile" than a laptop. It's easier to carry around and use when on the go.
Well, not anymore. I recently fulfilled my "dream" of a console being half-tablet and decently powerful (well, it's not powerful, but it's SOOOOO efficient that I love it) purchasing a Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T 2 on 1 convertible laptop which can be used as a regular PC, tablet and both -tent mode-.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-R11-R3-131T-Convertible-Review.149846.0.html

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/product-reviews/B012IBOCR0

And even so it can be relatively heavy, but it doesn't make a sound, needs no ventilation, it's light, it's capable and the Intel Celeron N3050 power consumption is just 6W!!!! :) So the battery doesn't need to be recharged for hours. I got it for 350€, :) and it's a steal (it's the 4GB version, 500GB hd --though for total silence a SSD is the best idea). My sister got to see it today and she wants to buy one for her.

Additionally, the sound is surprisingly good, since I place it on my stomach during night hours, the speakers sound as if you had headphones on.

A Celeron laptop is console like?
the concept is similar to the console I'd like to have in the future -a tablet like console but capable, silent, which could be connected to a TV to play with friends using extra controllers-, but no company is going to fulfil that for me. NX could be that, to some extent, but I am not sure about what to expect, capabilities wise

You can't have powerful and silent (unless talking about farts).
:LOL:what about stereo farts?

Anyways, I remember a post from @eastmen where he talked about the cooling system of the Surface Pro, which doesn't use fans, thankfully, and it is a "powerful" device.

I can tell you that my Celeron N3050 at 6W runs 3D games faster than my previous Toshiba laptop from 2011 which cost 700€ at the time, and had an i5-2450m CPU, which is not bad, but the fan went crazy, the CPU achieved 99 Celsius with relative ease. And games didn't run better...

Now I play those games and I only listen the sound coming from the speakers, not the fan too...and at better framerates with better shadows. I don't expect Battlefield 1 or Doom running on it but anyways, that's why I have a Xbox One :cool:

Back