Divinity Original Sin 2. Metacritic 95 average. 104000+ "Overwhelmingly Positive" reviews on Steam.

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
It's on console and PC. I am talking about the Definitive Edition of the game. The game has won many awards.

Sooooooooooo many positive reviews on Steam is VERY very uncommon.

Divinity-2-Steam-Reviews-1-791x1024.png

I fell madly in love with the series and here we are.

It's one of those games where you put thousands of hours.

I have the GoG version but it has crossplay with the Steam version. Unfortunately it doesn't have crossplay with consoles, but it's on consoles too.

Also one of the very first games to ever implement native HDR on PC, and it works fine.

Last edited:
Very strange to see a thread being made now but yea this is a fantastic game. Have it on steam and switch ! Combat is brutal for someone like me so I play on easy but the rest of the game is one of a kind awesome !

Finished DOS2 enhanced edition. Clocked 160.4hours into it. Good game. Baldurs gate III is in alpha. Made by larian studios.

Very strange to see a thread being made now but yea this is a fantastic game. Have it on steam and switch ! Combat is brutal for someone like me so I play on easy but the rest of the game is one of a kind awesome !
the Steam version has that wonderful thing called mods. For a game like this, so varied and complex with battles which can have many outcomes... they are PERFECT.

On Divinity 1 I am currently playing Epic Encounters mod, which is an overhaul and I'm clocking 70hours into it for now, and so many more to come.

Finished DOS2 enhanced edition. Clocked 160.4hours into it. Good game. Baldurs gate III is in alpha. Made by larian studios.

Steam/GoG version or console?

As I mentioned before, mods add some awesomeness to an already almost perfect game.

Developers create the base, a wonderful one. And mods, with the game done, fix all the exploits and cheese players end up finding that developers couldn't find at the time.

Thing is, the mod doesnt change the game, you are playing the same wonderful game, but some people is just so intelligent or creative.

As you can see, there are people who put 900+ hours into Epic Encounters mod for DoS2.

the Steam version has that wonderful thing called mods. For a game like this, so varied and complex with battles which can have many outcomes... they are PERFECT.

On Divinity 1 I am currently playing Epic Encounters mod, which is an overhaul and I'm clocking 70hours into it for now, and so many more to come.

Have no experience with that !
But their co op left me wanting. Me and friend wanted to co op but it meant we can’t bring our characters to others games.
Although they do have that game master mode where one guy becomes game master like a board game. But when our co-op didn’t take flight as planned the rest was never tried. Also we do not have that many ppl in our friend circle who would play it. Did you guys try it ? How does it work out ?

on mods, there are very interesting discussions.

DoS2 is a game where I spent 45€ -GoG version-, something I never did in the la
Have no experience with that !
But their co op left me wanting. Me and friend wanted to co op but it meant we can’t bring our characters to others games.
Although they do have that game master mode where one guy becomes game master like a board game. But when our co-op didn’t take flight as planned the rest was never tried. Also we do not have that many ppl in our friend circle who would play it. Did you guys try it ? How does it work out ?
it works great, even with people you dont know in real life. However, in that case, the best option is to look for people on the corresponding discord channels:

https://discord.gg/4AR9V7FY -official Larian discord channel-
https://discord.com/invite/QGyRMyC -Epic Encounters mod discord channel-
https://discord.gg/4dN2FNkt -DoS2 Divinity Unleashed mod discord channel-
https://discord.gg/64dhcC3b -Divinity Conflux mod discord channel-

If you play coop between you and your friend, well, you are in for a treat, but darn, do the hours fly in this game.

Even if your friend is not with you, you can still get control of the character they use, and continue with the game. Of course, people usually dont do that, but you can.

As long as you play at your own pace and with a friend or someone you can trust, you save your game and can continue from where you left off at any given moment.

Haven't tried 4 players coop, 'cos you need to find people who plays with you and your friend at a specific time of day.

The friend I'm playing with..., I met him on a forum some time ago, and darn, do the hours fly with this game!

We are currently playing DoS1 with Epic Encounters mod -never a name for a mod was that accurate- on Tactician mode, imho the best difficulty level. He has 1056 hours on the game, vanilla + mods.

The advantage of this is that in the earliest stages of the game it's easier to get to grips with the game, missions, etc. It certainly helped me when I was a newbie, he explained everything to me in great detail.

It's a game you can easily get enamoured with.

Many moments become so intense.

If you and your friend can play together at around the same time of day, then you can play Divinity for hours and hours.

You might take your time to gain experience at the beginning with simple missions that require no combat, but give good experience, and stuff like that.

If you like to play at your own pace, without a rush and take things orderly, and so on and so forth, I guess your experience couldn't be better.

on mods, there are very interesting discussions. @RenegadeRocks to complement my previous post, you can read brief discussions like this on several mods, but can give you an idea of what to expect be it solo or in coop mode, regarding the game's gameplay.

DoS2 is a game where I spent 45€ -GoG version-, something I never did in the last 5-6 years maybe?

The closest amount of money I spent on a game as of late was 32€ on Bloodstained Ritual of the Night for gamepass pc.

I am quite hyped for BG3 after playing these games, but dunno if it can meet my expectations, not that I care, Divinity has still many many hours of sheer fun to offer.

Last edited:
Back