Diving into Anti-aliasing

Last question:game Dev use HSL to calculate something that will end up in sRGB?should user set their screen to HSL hsv instead of sRGB or game convert to sRGB anyway ?at least now I know what the issue is!HSL/hsv are barely even able to sRGB !I have a screen that native HSL/hsv but I suspect majority don't!are all Dev using HSL/hsv?if yes,if I switch my screen to hsv/HSL will game detect this at install and use hsv/HSL or it won't and will still push sRGB?(sorry for the amount of question but all you mention as ramification on so many level.

I have to say the tent approach seems most interesting in general as it starts to approach the sort of domain of problems and solutions we see with linear signals (i.e. sound, RF), so I wonder what the effect would be of different window functions on the tent solution. It seems like narrow/wide are still just triangular windows, i.e. each sample bias is based on distance to center only, not some curved window.
i.e. I'd think something like Blackman would reduce the perceived blurring with a wider tent than Triangle window.

I would think the window function will matter as you get more samples and higher levels of subpixel detail which seems to be the trend with games and more complex geometry. As those increase the frequency response of different window functions would be more apparent. For just 4 samples perhaps the window function isn't terribly important.

Back