Dishonoured First gameplay demo !

Its basically a game where the developers give you tons of ways to break the game...I've always wanted something like this.

We are also working on a fast and frantic survival shooter where you can teleport to anywhere in ur line of sight ! Too bad that after this game, people might saty we copied it from Dishonored :( !

This sounds like the kind of game I should like. But so far I haven't really been impressed by it, and I'm not sure why.

This sounds like the kind of game I should like. But so far I haven't really been impressed by it, and I'm not sure why.

Well, for me it is different: I am typically not that interested in sneaking sthealthy, no action chaos games...but I am impressed by Dishonored so far!

This game is Half Life meet Bioshock and both laugth at the ai

btw, why so many powers when i have possession?
possess a soldier, then run free in the building and kill your target, then jump away...

It gets compared to Half life and Bioshock, but the videos i've seen haven't shown anywhere near the level of atmosphere present in those games. For me the powers look cool, but so far it just seems like that's it. I'll reserve my judgement for the final game, but from what they've shown it seems to me that this game can easily end up being one of those games that comes out and is almost unanimously slated for it having a poor story mode. I hope it isn't true though, but too many comparisons with games like Bioshock are not going to work in their favour unless then can truly deliver something special.

It does look kinda like Halflife and Bioshock. Apparently the guy that created the look of City 17 is also working on this so it's not surprising. The art direction in Dishonoured is pretty ugly IMO.

The gameplay seems a lot more like DX:HR, which is a game I really like, and wish there were more games like it. But I'm still not certain about Dishonoured.

Besides great gameplay DX:HR also had a lot of great characters and themes going on, helping you get drawn into it's world. That's something they haven't shown in Dishonoured leaving me wondering if it has something like that. All I know about Dishonoured is that it's about some guy getting revenge for being thrown in jail after being falsely accused of murdering the queen. Unless there's more to it that's a boring premise. They have hired a bunch of famous voice actors for this, so hopefully they'll have and interesting story to tell.

I might still buy the game even if it's ugly and has a poor story as long as the gameplay is good. I hope there will a demo.

I cited HL and Bioshock for the unconventional weapon system, but imho from the video good ideas are forced in a generic game and wasted by unbalanced powers and really dumb looking ai.

Half life and Bioshock on the contrary are pure gameplay levels linked by a story and all wrapped in a game

I cited HL and Bioshock for the unconventional weapon system, but imho from the video good ideas are forced in a generic game and wasted by unbalanced powers and really dumb looking ai.

Half life and Bioshock on the contrary are pure gameplay levels linked by a story and all wrapped in a game

A bit harsher than I was, but I fundamentally agree with what you're getting at.

I don't really like the idea of spiritual powers like possession though too, as It just reeks of stuff that won't end up being explained thoroughly in the game's story at any point.

The title atmo just seems like they threw in a bunch of ideas, just so they could band about the term "emergent gameplay" in their PR. Plus I agree with the guy who said the art direction is hideous. I don't think the pseudo-cyber-victorian english mash-up works

We are also working on a fast and frantic survival shooter where you can teleport to anywhere in ur line of sight ! Too bad that after this game, people might saty we copied it from Dishonored :( !
Just remind everyone you're both just copying Unreal :p

Yes, maybe i've been a bit harsh, but what i see in the video is a sandbox where you are a god playing with really dumb guinea pig

Well, I finally bought the GOTY edition(the only reason I had held off for so long was my friend's request to share it with him on ps3 and not buy it from the steam sale) and I am floored ! What a game ! And what a fab art style which makes even low res textures look awesome. I feel like I am in super beautiful painting all the while ! Except for the aliasing, the visuals just don't feel restricted or bad at all.

The thing is, I want to be stealthy but these gaurds just keep dying by my hands. Any tips on how to go about this game. what alerts the guards etc will be very helpful, cos this seems like a perfect game and I want to play it stealthily although the way its going I am just blasting the guards cos they keep getting alerted.

I am still in the begining. I don't have a minimap or radar thingie. Does the game provide u that later, or am I to learn to play with just sounds for awareness?

Agreed, and I reckon quite a few people may have missed out on this little gem the first time around.
I only recently picked this up myself when looking for Steam Big Screen games with full controller support and I'm not very far yet. But really digging the art style as well.

Back