Dishonored 2 [PS4, XO]

Cjail

Fool
Veteran

Dishonored 2 is set 15 years after the Lord Regent has been vanquished and the dreaded Rat Plague has passed into history. An otherworldly usurper has seized the throne from Empress Emily Kaldwin, leaving the fate of the Isles hanging in the balance. As either Emily Kaldwin or Corvo Attano, travel beyond the legendary streets of Dunwall to Karnaca – a once-dazzling coastal city that holds the key to restoring Emily to power. Armed with the mark of the Outsider and powerful new supernatural abilities, hunt down your enemies and forever alter the fate of the Empire.

Last edited:
You should now be able to also use this as an 'OP':

The first one was one of my favourite games last gen and I see that Amazon have a Dishonored: The Definitive Edition advertised. Though I get the same feeling about regurgitating remakes of old games - in that it's just money for old rope, I also feel that some games last gen were so much less than they could have been because of platform restrictions that they should be re-made so they can shine.

The original just had some disappointing textures. Otherwise it was pretty grand I thought. In fact some areas were really spectacular IMO. Arkane has never really been a technological showcase company though. They do great atmosphere, story and gameplay.

I'm definitely go on the sequel. I've enjoyed every game they have made.

I loved this game but for the life of me I can't remember much of the story......
Whale Oil, Rat Plague, Teleporting Assassins, Political Intrigue, Getting rats to eat people, Astral Projection, Vaporising people with electricity. A heady mix of colonial Britain blended with a dystopian cyber punked society on the verge of collapse. A stoic hero with sensible shoes and a moral arena with more than a hint of grey to it. Twists, turns, and painful choices between doing what's right or doing good.

I really enjoyed it!

Whale Oil, Rat Plague, Teleporting Assassins, Political Intrigue, Getting rats to eat people, Astral Projection, Vaporising people with electricity. A heady mix of colonial Britain blended with a dystopian cyber punked society on the verge of collapse. A stoic hero with sensible shoes and a moral arena with more than a hint of grey to it. Twists, turns, and painful choices between doing what's right or doing good.

I really enjoyed it!
So in the end the leaked rumour was totally true. Bethesda were working on this game and we knew it before E3. I was very tempted to get Dishonored but was too busy at the time with other games and never got to play it, much to my dismay.

I've had an email from Amazon UK confirming the release here as 28th August.

Oops. That's for the Definitive Edition of the original game.

RSEw7E2HSpUCwoEsCcaw2h-650-80.jpg
Dishonored 2: a deeper, stranger stealth sim
http://www.pcgamer.com/dishonored-2-preview/

The transforming interior of the Clockwork Mansion is another: this was suggested in the E3 trailer, but is an actual level in the game. It's a technological labyrinth where rooms reconfigure themselves with the pull of a lever, and it's even possible to crawl up into the mechanism of the house to reach your target through the walls.

Dishonored 2 shares its predecessor's art style, but benefits from a new generation of technology—including a new engine, Void, based on id Tech 5. Void allows for better lighting and post-processing in pursuit of a familiar look and feel: angular, haunted faces, teetering brickwork shot through with retro-futuristic industrial technology. The goal of Arkane's art team is still to create a game you could mistake for a painting—new tech just lets them make a game that looks like a better painting.

I didn't see a release date mentioned...

Also found screenshots
https://imgur.com/a/Y0EJX#NoF34U1
SGTgTZXF.jpg

cs0Mov8G.jpg

nEwEpHmR.jpg

iTB1WIgs.jpg

PQdSpsZO.jpg

00alPT0K.jpg

g4Lpspzn.jpg

ZoM6XNvk.jpg

NOOmq8RH.jpg

MdUoVTJj.jpg

Last edited:
csutom ID tech 5 though, hope its not some hack job like Evil Within that runs like garabage no matter what.
Yeah. It certainly looks sharp compared to previous titles using the engine, but that is probably related to not targeting PS360. Cant see annoying texture pop in from screenshots however.....

Found some more. Game Informer this time. There's a few videos with Harvey Smith talking about the game, development and the company. Some other links, like an article with looks at the various concept art. And apparently Prey 2 might be in the works at the other half of the studio.

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/dishonored2.aspx

7077.clay_02_web.jpg-610x0.jpg

Last edited:
Back