Dirt 5 [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

What I find most interesting was the choices of resolutions they settled on for each mode.
Seemed to keep resolution very high in lou of settings.

Would like to see what modes and related settings are available for the XSS.
I don't think cross generational multiplatform games are going to be hugely representative of what the Series X can do. I still think the game looks pretty nice and I'm glad that some developers are choosing to not lock to 4k as a requirement.

I wonder if the 120hz mode is an option on Series S?
in fact it won't be indicative for any of the consoles inc PS5 which will have the exact same shortcomings for want of a better word.
It is nice that they finally included a non BC title to white list though.

Last edited:
This build is probably at latest from early mid sept to be certified. And sent out. Reviewed and the embargo lifted today.
Given how many platforms and modes they must cover with the title releasing oct 16; they still have a couple more weeks from that point to certify again and have the game ready for ps5 and XSX/SS for Nov 10+.

so they probably need to wrap up by end of this week. Likely their focus was to get current gen optimized and ready for this month. We are likely looking at a very unoptimized game.

at least I hope we are. There’s more than enough power available to reach those desired targets.

Curious to try this 120fps mode. As someone that sets everything to nearly off to achieve 120+ on gsync; I mean Jeff is selling this as being smoother. Not sure if that’s possible but I could be wrong. Never tried a true locked 120. My tv supports 120 at 1080p though not at 4K. But eh, will be interesting to try.

https://youtu.be/mmJpsQ08BoE

Curious to try this 120fps mode. As someone that sets everything to nearly off to achieve 120+ on gsync; I mean Jeff is selling this as being smoother. Not sure if that’s possible but I could be wrong. Never tried a true locked 120. My tv supports 120 at 1080p though not at 4K. But eh, will be interesting to try.
https://youtu.be/mmJpsQ08BoE
Pretty sure he said smother compared to 60fps.
Easier/smoother set up experience compared to pc.
Both shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone.

Unless I missed something when I watched it earlier on.

Pretty sure he said smother compared to 60fps.
Easier/smoother set up experience compared to pc.
Both shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone.

Unless I missed something when I watched it earlier on.
He compares it to PC 120/144. He might be right in that it’s different. Gsync makes it like butter but the frame rate is going anywhere from 80-140 and sitting average at 120’ I’ve never experienced 120 locked.

I’ll be honest in saying that I’m a bit surprised they did this. Normally they won’t release work in progress out like this because of poor takes and what not. It not being the final product. A bit like steam early access

1440p/120fps, these graphics are a good baseline of what to expect from PSVR2 games, nice.

This is dynamic 1080p going to sub 1080p for the moment on Xbox Series X probably worse on PS5 and even worse on Xbox Series S. For the moment there are huge compromise to the 120 fps mode but there is a 60 fps mode.

1440p/120fps, these graphics are a good baseline of what to expect from PSVR2 games, nice.

VR hits graphics performance much more than the resolution and frame rate targets would suggest. I assume it has something to do with being able to look around in any direction at any point.

Personally don't like how it looks especially in day time lighting condition. This applies to ONRush & DriveClub to (same engine). Lack of AO and Specular levels dialed up to 11 making materials look shinny like sweaty asscheeks.

This is dynamic 1080p going to sub 1080p for the moment on Xbox Series X probably worse on PS5 and even worse on Xbox Series S. For the moment there are huge compromise to the 120 fps mode but there is a 60 fps mode.

The game is rendering upto 1440p, Tom on DF said 1080 as that's all his TV accepts at 120hz as his tv has an older HDMI spec, probably the same for others. You need the latest HDMI spec TV to get above 1080/120.

A bit of a pain as in his case he will need to change TV mode on the input between selecting modes / games. If you have the latest spec TV you set 4K120 and forget about it.

The game is rendering upto 1440p, Tom on DF said 1080 as that's all his TV accepts at 120hz as his tv has an older HDMI spec, probably the same for others. You need the latest HDMI spec TV to get above 1080/120.

A bit of a pain as in his case he will need to change TV mode on the input between selecting modes / games. If you have the latest spec TV you set 4K120 and forget about it.

I based my comment on arstechnica article and it is false.

placing this here incase it gets buried in other threads.

Great technical overview of the items they worked on for this game.
Summary of features presented:
* Ray Traced Shadows leveraged Radeon Shadow Denoiser
* Global Voxel Cone GI & Weather effects that affect the track
* VRS
* Radeon Ambient Occlusion
* Volumetric Fog
* Radeon Fidelity Effects
* Temporal Antialiasing

looking forward to seeing how many of these features of this mobile game are transferred over to the consoles

Last edited:
placing this here incase it gets buried in other threads.

Great technical overview of the items they worked on for this game.
Summary of features presented:
* Ray Traced Shadows leveraged Radeon Shadow Denoiser
* Global Voxel Cone GI & Weather effects that affect the track
* VRS
* Radeon Ambient Occlusion
* Volumetric Fog
* Radeon Fidelity Effects
* Temporal Antialiasing

looking forward to seeing how many of these features of this mobile game are transferred over to the consoles
Also Tessellation & Parallax mapping for the road deformation.

Back