DirectX in C# (VS.NET 2002)

Goragoth

Regular
I want to learn DirectX in C# because I've heard lots of positive stuff about it and a friend convinced me that it is really good but VS doesn't recognize the Microsof.DirectX import (I just tried to compile a project my friend sent me, haven't really played around with it myself). I can't remember if there was an option I didn't check when installing the original DX9 SDK but I recently installed the summer update and looked there for any options to do with managed DX (and made sure I installed everything).

Anyway, when starting VS it has the icon on the splash screen that says the managed DirectX extensions are installed and all, but it still won't compile the code, saying it doesn't know about the Microsoft.DirectX import. Next thing I'll try will be reinstalling the DX9 SDK and then the summer update but I was wondering if there is some path to set or anything (like in C++ where you have to set the include/library paths etc...) that I might be missing.

I haven't spent much time looking at it as I've been busy but if anyone has a solution it will save me some time trying to make it work. 8)

Can you find the MDX assemblies in the 'x:\Windows\Microsoft.net\' (IIRC) directory?

Goragoth said:
Next thing I'll try will be reinstalling the DX9 SDK and then the summer update
Isn't the "summer update" the complete, updated SDK, not just an update patch?

Can you find the MDX assemblies in the 'x:\Windows\Microsoft.net\' (IIRC) directory?
Ok found them and added a path to them and everything works fine now. I knew it was something easy like that but I figured I had to point it to the SDK directory :rolleyes:

Thanks

Back