Different methods of news reporting

News reporting

• Have individual threads on each piece of news to allow discussion on each item.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it up to whomever to report news and comment on it in their own way.

• Have specific weekly threads for specific console manufacturers, the console itself, and all games f

• No news is good news.

• Total voters

Sonic

Veteran
I have a few ideas on reporting daily or weekly console gaming news for the forum. There seems to be a lot that gets overlooked or doesn't even see the light of day here in terms of news. I'm going to set up a poll to see which methods will be best.

If there's any other ideas feel free to post them. I'm just gauging interest to see how we can better report news on the forum in a way that is satisfactory to the community.

Interesting, one could say all a person would have to do is go to IGN or something.

But you could try this for a week and see how it goes.

My guess would be have 3 stickied threads, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. Have people just post news in them for each of the companies.

After the week is over... delete the thread and remake it again for the next week.

Paul said:
Interesting, one could say all a person would have to do is go to IGN or something.

But you could try this for a week and see how it goes.

My guess would be have 3 stickied threads, Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. Have people just post news in them for each of the companies.

After the week is over... delete the thread and remake it again for the next week.

There would be no record of news, it would worsen the situation IMHO.

I don't see what the problem is with what we have now...its pretty democratic this way, with relevant news that has a lot of member interest staying near the top of the page, while news items that are not interesting (or there isn't much to say about them) fall quickly, insuring that the front page always has either interesting or new topics.

A few simple suggestions:

1. Don't delete threads - I agree w/ Pana, it's nice to have the history, and it keeps members accountable for what they say.

2. Lock redundant threads. (But not delete).

One problem I do see (and I have no idea how to fix), is that in any CELL-related thread, both sides always repeat themselves OVER and OVER again...the discussion never goes anywhere, just runs in circles. I don't think making a Official CELL thread helps, because by the time we're on page 30, page 10 has been forgotten.

One thing that could help is to break up the overall CELL discussion into several topical threads - transistor count, heat, launch date, process technology, etc etc... However, given how all these things are interconnected, this would be of limited use at best.

The situation I would like to avoid is one where one side's argument on a certain topic is utterly destroyed, only to have that side switch to some other topic without any resolution to the first subject. I'm obviously biased in this regard, but IMHO this thread is a prime example of this kind of behavior. Without some kind of "ok, we can agree on this" we never get anywhere, and argue about the same stuff again and again. By having threads specifically for a certain topic, maybe we can avoid this kind of topic-switching.

I don't think there needs to be any guidelines. Most ppl on this board are perfectly capable of evaluating what is relevant and what is not. The stuff that gets posted here for the most part isn't something you'll find on your average gaming site.

cybamerc said:
I don't think there needs to be any guidelines. Most ppl on this board are perfectly capable of evaluating what is relevant and what is not. The stuff that gets posted here for the most part isn't something you'll find on your average gaming site.

I agree.

I think I would like to see news that is missed as sometimes the threads are a bit too hardware-centric.

I wanna know more about games.. lovely games.. heh

Back