didjeridoo

Sage

13 short of a dozen
Regular
I just bought one today, already pretty good at playing it. neatest thing in the world.

of course, this is comming from a guy who was driving around downtown in a purple metallic mercedes whilst wearing a black jester hat with 13 little things comming off of it and yellow balls at the ends of them and having the straightest face in the world, looking like it was the most normal thing in the world... (btw, this is now my official driving hat... I'm going to keep it in my car and wear it whenever I'm driving)

_xxx_ said:
I truly, sincerely HATE those things. Sounds like an elephant's fart.
Guess you have strange elephants, or a lack of people who can play a didge properly.

Tatooine!
Do you really think a Yank would know how to play one properly?

Simon F said:
_xxx_ said:
Guess you have strange elephants, or a lack of people who can play a didge properly.

Simon F said:
_xxx_ said:

I never heard an elephant fart, but that's pretty much how I imagine it... :LOL:

very interesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didjeridoo

200px-Didgeridoo_real_termitebore.jpg

Looking into the bore of an authentic traditional Aboriginal didgeridoo. The hollow has been created entirely by termites. The termites literally eat out the heartwood of the tree, leaving the sapwood untouched. Modern reproduction instruments and those made in factories are usually made from solid timber that have been drilled out mechanically.

well, mine is actually made of PVC. the guy takes the PVC pipe, heats it up to deform it and texture it, then he paints it and puts a bee's wax mouthpiece on it. he does it all by hand and every one is different. He does such a good job that noone yet has been able to tell that it was not made of wood. Also being that it's PVC it's very durable and is even easier to play. I plan t get a real one someday, though :p

and... um... I was just sitting here... loking at the hole with the bee's wax... and deviant thoughts came to mind... I did some unspeakable things to my poor didjeridooo... :oops:

Sage said:
and... um... I was just sitting here... loking at the hole with the bee's wax... and deviant thoughts came to mind... I did some unspeakable things to my poor didjeridooo... :oops:

:oops:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DudeMiester said:
Does it's sound have more thrust now, or is it just wetted down?

well I had to enlarge the hole in the wax a LOT... but now as a result it does indeed have a stronger sound

Back