Did John Reynolds get his rep hacked or did he just get rep spammed?

bloodbob

Trollipop
Veteran
I just noticed his rep is beating test 1's rep so I was wondering if he was artifically tweaked due to his involvement in the site or if his just been getting lots of rep.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Is rep spamming even possible?
I didn't know JR was officially affiliated with B3D.
Dunno by the looks his not but I've seen in the past dave using his JR's comment as offical stance of B3D.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Is rep spamming even possible?
I don't think so, not unless you get a group of people together doing it. Dave has the board pretty well locked down and the rep system won't let you abuse it too much.

I didn't know JR was officially affiliated with B3D.
He's not officially affiliated with B3D, he's just John. ;)

John used to be a mod and a contributer, but isn't any longer. Hasn't been for about a year or more.

bloodbob said:
Dunno by the looks his not but I've seen in the past dave using his JR's comment as offical stance of B3D.

That's news to me. Dave has always set policy and views at B3D since taking over as EIC back in '02.

But, no, there hasn't been any cheating going on that I'm aware of. I haven't been involved with B3D for about 15 months now, so there's no reason for Dave to be falsely inflating my reputation for whatever reason. Besides, Dave wouldn't do that even if I were still helping with the site in whatever small way as I used to. At least IMO.

CosmoKramer said:
I thought Jantelagen was endemic only to Scandinavian culture.. ;)
That's an interesting one.

swedish -> english says "tall poppy syndrome".

I still had to look that one up as it's an Australian idiom, apparently.

Back