Did I mention the little blower I picked up?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Grabbed it off Amazon a while ago, saw it on sale today for $10 less plus a $5 off coupon:

upload_2021-9-21_13-22-2.png
It makes a bit of a huge mess, but damn does it get the dust out! It's stronger than a can of compressed air and it never runs out, I love it to pieces. It's made cleaning out my PC a lot easier/quicker/better.

I just had an annoying fan rattle so I opened up Bubbles and blasted her. It was her PSU fan so it was a bit of a bother, but it cleaned it all out and the rattle is gone!

One of my better cleaning product investments, although I generally pull my computer to the garage to fully blast it. Today I was lazy, plus I gotta dust and vacuum the computer room later.

I might have mentioned it before, but I couldn't find it so I posted this up just to share. I got tired of blowing money on compressed air so I was using a paintbrush and a vacuum, this works a LOT better!

Mmkay. Didn't know such gizmos exist. Did you consider a proper compressor (or do you have one)? For not too much more money you'd get a thing that can drive your garage power tools and literally blows away little cleaning appliances if you compare air pressure. But maybe you can have that kind of little tool hanging from your belt for urgent blowing purposes.

I have a good compressor in the garage, but I worry too much about moisture from it. This is small and easy for in the house.

I have a good compressor in the garage, but I worry too much about moisture from it. This is small and easy for in the house.

Yeah, if you have a _good_ compressor it can surely be too bulky to drag around the house.
Wouldn't worry about the moisture though. If you keep the regulator in sensible pressure levels the air isn't excessively cold, and not keeping the jet aimed at the same time for long time moisture shouldn't condense there. The compressed air cans give much colder air out.

I have a drain plug on my compressor I have to empty out a couple times a year from moisture build up. If I were to use it on a PC I'd have to get a moisture trap for it and always drag it out to the garage.

I thought about that, I really did, but ended up going the easier route. The blower can be messy, but it cleans up what you aim it at and that's all I got it for. :)

Very nifty find, thanks for sharing it @digitalwanderer . At first I wondered if it was wireless and charged via USB-C. I guess that's too far of an ask and would probably have too short of a usage time per charge.

Yup, plus it wouldn't be as strong. This puppy kicks your hand back when you kick it on high with the tiny spout on it. (It's a 2-speed)

Another plus is the cord is 10 feet long so you can reach pretty well with it. If my wife isn't home I sometimes (LOTS!) cheat and use it to dust our light fixtures/fans and then just vacuum up the mess. ;)

Back