Did Apple invent the tree of knowledge

As a wacom user, i'm yet to test the iPencil, but my expectations are low. As much as I hate the fact wacom has the monopoly it has, its a fact no competitor ever got even close.

I researched a lot about the apple pencil and the surface one. Could you point me to an artist that says that any of them is better than a Wacom???
It seems that iPad pro is a great solution if you are on the go (even compared to the companion series), but not comparable to a wacom intuos or cintiq in terms of pen technology.

Would really love to know how well this fares as well. I have an intuos at work and a cintiq at home. Something portable that works well while slamming on the couch or on lengthy train rides would be much appreciated, though. And while Wacom has a portable all-in-one solution for that as well, it's just too goddamned expensive.

doesn't artists says Ntrig already comparable with wacom and actually its more precise than wacom?

the common complain i read was "ntrig pen feels laggy to start a stroke" but thats actually due to intel power efficientcy mode. Stick your tablet to high performance, or just stay in balanced power for intel energy thingy (aggressiveness, gpu power saving), bam. no lag when starting a stroke.

EDIT: ntrig = surface pen.

Would really love to know how well this fares as well. I have an intuos at work and a cintiq at home. Something portable that works well while slamming on the couch or on lengthy train rides would be much appreciated, though. And while Wacom has a portable all-in-one solution for that as well, it's just too goddamned expensive.
The first companion was not that good. I have no idea if the new one is better.
It seems that the iPad pro is very good if you want to do basic stuff, and then continue in photoshop. But to be honest, I don't think we are comparing apples with apples here. :p
A solution running windows, can in theory run any program, such as photoshop, painter, zbrush etc, with varying success.
The iPad cannot.
The only thing we can compare is the pen technology.

Really just wondering about the quality of the pen. In my experience, the software you're using has very little bearing on whether your pen feels good or not. If the pen sucks in a leightweight program such as scetchpad, it's gonna suck just as hard in Photoshop.

Really just wondering about the quality of the pen. In my experience, the software you're using has very little bearing on whether your pen feels good or not. If the pen sucks in a leightweight program such as scetchpad, it's gonna suck just as hard in Photoshop.

In my Vaio tap 11. The pen quality vary wildly from app to app.

I think the best experience is on one note. (feels most responsive, smooth, precise)

Edit: maybe the wintab driver sux? Because Microsoft focus is moved on ink api right?

Edit : I mean, in Windows there are multiple way to access pen input. Metro apps use ink api thingy. Classic windows apps can use anything, depending the developer.

the common complain i read was "ntrig pen feels laggy to start a stroke" but thats actually due to intel power efficientcy mode. Stick your tablet to high performance, or just stay in balanced power for intel energy thingy (aggressiveness, gpu power saving), bam. no lag when starting a stroke.

EDIT: ntrig = surface pen.

There is always lag, the issue is how many milliseconds. Do you have an answer for that?

Apple pen doesn't have the reversible eraser feature. That's a killer IMO, they shouldn't have released without a way to implement that. Also, Wacom tech is still 100% passive? No battery in the pen beats having to keep the damn thing charged... :p

Yup Wacom passive. Btw the problem with ntrig battery is more about

"where the heck can I buy the batteries ".

Because it take around a year to empty and it's not sold at normal places. Online sellers choke me with high price :/

I got myself a Surface Pro 4 (i5, 4GB ram, 128GB SSD, Intel HD520) on Amazon Prime day last week. I love the thing. Works great with Photoshop CC, though admittedly it took a little third party app that lets me bind my most used shortcuts to a touch keyboard in order to get a satisfactory experience out of it. Tried a bunch of other art programs as well, and so far Manga Studio 5 has been the big standout. Love the brushes. More complex brushes in particular are being rendered a lot faster than in Photoshop. The Ntrig pen with its rubbery tip is pretty damn great too. It doesn't have tilt functionality unlike the Wacom and the ipad ones, but as I've never ever used that feature, it's not exactly a big loss. In terms of sensitivity and lag, the pen is not quite up there with my Cintiq pen either, but it really does come reasonably close. Definitely a joy to work with on what is a truly gorgeous screen. I'm also quite smitten by the keyboard/cover as well. Much better than I'd anticipated. Granted, it's expensive as hell on its own, but as it was part of the bundle I'm not complaining.

Back