Did 1.90 break my PS3?

blakjedi

Veteran
I was rolling pretty smooth with my PS3 since April. Access to PSN, fine, Downloading games... easy, PS Store - terrific, web access - no problem. Then I decided to install the new 1.90 firmware... BAM no PSN access. I keep getting this message "Error code 8001050F - You have been signed out of the Playstation network." But I never signed in...

I can use the web browser just fine. After a system reset which made me lose all my downloaded games etc to date, I was able to download the folding at home client but still cant sign in to the PS Store. Whats funny is that when tried to login before the reset it forced me to create a new password for my account... but I just used the same password as before anyway... and it STILL wont work...

Now I have a PS3 with no access to the PSN and no downloaded games some of which I paid for (FLOW, SSHD). Anyone else experience this?

I had a problem briefly when I upgraded, I don't think it works that well when wireless any more.

Best bet is to phone Sony support, they aren't very busy they'll be grateful for your call :LOL:

I had a problem briefly when I upgraded, I don't think it works that well when wireless any more.

Best bet is to phone Sony support, they aren't very busy they'll be grateful for your call :LOL:

I tried every way to call those fools! :LOL: they wont answer the phone though...:devilish: And yes I'm wireless if it wont work wirelessly... then I dont want the box... Im not running wire for a frickin PLAYSTATION! lol

Maybe they've all been made redundant :LOL:

Mine works now as I said, I "wired" it up to make sure it worked, then setup the wireless connection again from scratch and it's been OK since then.

That's very odd. Did you try to use the hard power reset ? (Not the touch sensitive one, the one behind).

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried every way to call those fools! :LOL: they wont answer the phone though...:devilish: And yes I'm wireless if it wont work wirelessly... then I dont want the box... Im not running wire for a frickin PLAYSTATION! lol

They always answer the phone lmao. Must be hours you are calling. Sony has excellent customer support.

If your in the U.S. Sonys Customer Care # is 1-800-356-7669.

yeah it broke it... they are sending me a ps3 coffin to send it back in...:rolleyes:

oh well i been engrossed in bioshock anyway...

Just read that FW 1.92 is online, apparently. No idea yet what it does, but I guess we'll find out soon. ;)

From what I've been reading over at the PS forums, it appears that this issue has been amplified quite significantly with the 1.92 firmware...expect 1.93 very soon IMO.

***Update****

I pretty much said fawk it and took it back to best buy who honored the one year mfr warranty and gave me a new 60GB. And it works now...

Just saw this on the official PS3 blog:

Just Called Sony, And Here Are The Instructions For Fixing the 1.92 Update Problems, (error-8002aa08, Ploblems Accessing the Internet and PSN)

1. Log Into Your Main Username

2. Open the internet browser

3. press triangle, go to “TOOLS” then go to “Clear Cache”

4. Press “Ok”

5. press triangle, go to “TOOLS” then go to “Clear Cookies”

6. Press “Ok”

7. press triangle, go to “TOOLS” then go to “Clear Authentication Data”

8. Press “Ok”

9. If you have secondary accounts, go to them and follow steps 2-8

10. go to settings on the XMB

11. go to system settings

12. go to “Restore Default Settings”

13. press “Ok”

14. let the PS3 restart

15. connect the SixAxis Controller to the PS3 using the USB cable

16. Press the PS button on the controller

17. Configure your PS3 via the onscreen instructions

18. Your PS3 should now start as normal. All other controllers and Blutooth Devices will now need to be re-registered

19. Your PS3 is now up-to-date, and should work properly!

Hope this helps you guys like it helped me!

-Jake

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/09/05/firmware-update-v192/#comment-19465

Back