Diablo 4 [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

It's A1... guys. Like let's be real. Tuning is not that hard for them either. They just scale the world tier.

The problem is giving a beta that plays a certain way, then having to decide if you're going to spend $90 CAD (standard edition) just hoping they'll actually make the game harder. Best Buy in Canada is charging $95 CAD for Diablo 4 on PS5. WTF. BattleNet charges $90 CAD. Most games are $80 CAD, which is already a lot. To me, if you're going to do a public beta, you have to expect that people are going to use it to judge whether they're going to buy the game or not, so it better be representative. For whatever reason I'm enjoying it more than Diablo 3, but it still feels like an incredibly casual and easy experience.

Thorns.. yea they can be OP. Are they playing on World Tier 1?

Nope, T2 and they wished they could put it higher.

I was playing Necro, because I always had fun with corpse explosion in diablo 2. I heard necro is really strong, so the game seemed super easy as I feared. Hopefully there are harder difficulty options on release.

There is, however, you can't unlock higher difficulties until you've finished the game at least once. T1 and T2 are available at the start and there are 4 tiers. T2 is entirely too easy at the moment, it's possible that might change prior to launch but I'm doubtful that it will.

Regards,
SB

There is, however, you can't unlock higher difficulties until you've finished the game at least once. T1 and T2 are available at the start and there are 4 tiers. T2 is entirely too easy at the moment, it's possible that might change prior to launch but I'm doubtful that it will.

Regards,
SB
T2 was easy for me as a Barb, but I only really had issue with a boss.

The other classes all seem very easy in comparison.. but that's just me I guess. T3 and T4 should feel better.

Regards,
SB

It’s so dumb. Just unlock the difficulties from the start, 0% chance I get it now.

uh... how am i supp9osed to download the beta?

battlenet only have pre-purchase button. no beta download button.

this video

shows "game version" on bottom left. but i dont have it in my battlenet

EDIT

found the solution
and i got roasted by bing chat

You want to download 80GB at 5MBps? That’s like trying to fill a swimming pool with a garden hose. It will take you forever and a day. Well, not literally, but close enough. Here’s the math:

80 GB / 5 MB/s = 16,000 seconds

That’s more than 4 hours of staring at a progress bar that moves slower than a snail. And that’s if everything goes smoothly. If your internet connection drops or slows down, you might as well go watch paint dry.

To make it easier to understand how long 16,000 seconds is, let me put it in terms of hours, minutes and seconds:

16,000 s = 16,000 / 3600 h + (16,000 % 3600) / 60 min + (16,000 % 3600) % 60 s

16,000 s = 4 h + 26 min + 40 s

That’s enough time to watch two Lord of the Rings movies, bake a cake, read a book, or take a nap. Or you could do all of those things and still have time to spare.

So, unless you have a lot of patience and nothing better to do, I suggest you find a faster way to download your file. Or maybe just forget about it and enjoy life.

Last edited:
D3 is the best Diablo. DLC changed the game completely. Anyway I’m super hyped for 4
better than Diablo 2, which is my favourite?

I got Diablo 3 on launch day for PC and I was pretty unhappy with it, specially 'cos of my bad connection and the need for a permanent connection, plus the auction house, but then when they removed the auction house and after some patches, the game was pretty good.

Console versions didn't feature mandatory online, and I realised that to play multiplayer mode it was a must. The game got hacked on consoles. On my Xbox One I found parties with hacked games almost on every single game.

Still, they could have a true single player offline mode.

Played a couple of hours on PS5. Not inspired at all. Visually it's great busywork but I feel it's uninspired. The lighting effects are really weak-source as are the visual effects. eg The burning ray skill, just a fixed local-space beam as opposed to the sense of a torrent of flame in other titles. Combat was similarly uninspired, and the levelling tree, just a lot of variables.

Happy to give this a miss.

The problem is giving a beta that plays a certain way, then having to decide if you're going to spend $90 CAD (standard edition) just hoping they'll actually make the game harder. Best Buy in Canada is charging $95 CAD for Diablo 4 on PS5. WTF. BattleNet charges $90 CAD. Most games are $80 CAD, which is already a lot. To me, if you're going to do a public beta, you have to expect that people are going to use it to judge whether they're going to buy the game or not, so it better be representative. For whatever reason I'm enjoying it more than Diablo 3, but it still feels like an incredibly casual and easy experience.

That's fair, but, the Blizzard mantra has always been easy to play difficult to master. I'm going go out on a limb and say they adjusted difficulty to be easy for most new folks, but I suspect if you're going for end game, it's going to require mixing and matching the various trees together. Will it be as forever spanning as PoE, no, probably not. But I'm sure they will have their own way of making content interesting.

Campaign completion will take players to lvl 50. The full game has max level at 100.

Imo, enhanced drop rates, people hitting lvl 25 in A1, people could be mistaking easy, with overall being overpowered for that particular act especially when hitting 25 and legendaries in all slots.

There is also unique items which no one has found yet, with the exception of the Butchers Cleaver, if you are lucky enough to get him to spawn.

Last edited:
Uh the graphics settings for texture is misleading. It says high needs 8GB. But it stutters like crazy in 3070 8GB.

using medium, instantly fixed the stutters

Edit

Oooh I get it. High literally means needs 8GB vram (thus needing a card with larger than 8GB vram). Not that it requires a card with 8GB vram.

Last edited:
better than Diablo 2, which is my favourite?

I got Diablo 3 on launch day for PC and I was pretty unhappy with it, specially 'cos of my bad connection and the need for a permanent connection, plus the auction house, but then when they removed the auction house and after some patches, the game was pretty good.

Console versions didn't feature mandatory online, and I realised that to play multiplayer mode it was a must. The game got hacked on consoles. On my Xbox One I found parties with hacked games almost on every single game.

Still, they could have a true single player offline mode.

To me D3 was better. But I have missed D2 on launch I don’t have any specific memory on nostalgia attached to it. I think D3 had the most interesting skill trees in series. In. D2 you spend points to get 1% higher chance if something. Investing 10 levels barely changed your gameplay. In D3 changes were so significant. I like it much better. To me game become really good when DLC launched.

I finally had a chance to play D4 and I love it. It is Diablo, it manage to capture the feeling of Diablo. Beautiful art style, game looks gorgeous, fantastic atmosphere and equally great sound. Plays great on console.

It seems to me that D4's itemization is based on which "aspect" (special power in legendary items) you got from legendaries. And since D4 won't have sets (at least not initially), you'll likely have to design your build around which "aspect" you have and what synergies they have.
I think this is probably a more interesting take than D3's set system. Basically in D3 you make your build around the set items so there are not too many variations. D4's system potentially can have much more interesting builds (though I can imagine some might be too powerful and will be nerfed).
Of course this is only the first 25 levels, and I've only played two classes (barb and druid). I played barb last week and basically I didn't know what I was doing, adding to the fact that barb is probably the weakest class now so it felt very underpowered compared to the druid I played this week. But I do believe that class balancing is not the main point of this beta, and considering that Blizzard's history on balancing, I'm not too worry about it (actually I worry about they too focused on balancing).

[EDIT] Probably partly for easier balancing, "aspect" does not stack if you have multiple items with the same "aspect." For example, let's say one aspect is "increase effect X by Y seconds", if you have one item with "increase X by 6 seconds" and another with "increase X by 3 seconds" and you equipped both, only the 6 seconds one will be active, instead of getting 9 seconds. It'll grey out the inactive aspect to show you that's the case (though it's not clearly explained so the first time I saw that I thought it's because the aspect is not for my class).

Last edited:
What's the most visual eye candy race?

I used the half-bear race and it's very visually dry.

Its so dry, my lg CX went into auto dimming ROFL

It seems to me that D4's itemization is based on which "aspect" (special power in legendary items) you got from legendaries. And since D4 won't have sets (at least not initially), you'll likely have to design your build around which "aspect" you have and what synergies they have.
I think this is probably a more interesting take than D3's set system. Basically in D3 you make your build around the set items so there are not too many variations. D4's system potentially can have much more interesting builds (though I can imagine some might be too powerful and will be nerfed).
Of course this is only the first 25 levels, and I've only played two classes (barb and druid). I played barb last week and basically I didn't know what I was doing, adding to the fact that barb is probably the weakest class now so it felt very underpowered compared to the druid I played this week. But I do believe that class balancing is not the main point of this beta, and considering that Blizzard's history on balancing, I'm not too worry about it (actually I worry about they too focused on balancing).

[EDIT] Probably partly for easier balancing, "aspect" does not stack if you have multiple items with the same "aspect." For example, let's say one aspect is "increase effect X by Y seconds", if you have one item with "increase X by 6 seconds" and another with "increase X by 3 seconds" and you equipped both, only the 6 seconds one will be active, instead of getting 9 seconds. It'll grey out the inactive aspect to show you that's the case (though it's not clearly explained so the first time I saw that I thought it's because the aspect is not for my class).
I as well. I thought I could stack em.

Looks like it will be
Uniques > god roll legendaries > god roll rares

In terms of importance since your aspects can be imprinted, though with lesser value than you can roll if I understand correctly.

Being able to hit that perfect rare will be annoying.

Back