Diablo 4 [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

I think this is a sensible option which avoids having X, Y and Z number of platform-specific Limited Editions. Otherwise publishers are guessing how many PlayStation, PC or Xbox Limited Edition packages to produce.
Definitely more cost effective to do it this way. I was struggling with which LE of plagues tale and eventually gave up on it.

What they could do is just have a system where after you buy your CE/LE, you redeem a digital code for the version of the game that you want.

Regards,
SB

What they could do is just have a system where after you buy your CE/LE, you redeem a digital code for the version of the game that you want.

Regards,
SB
Pricing systems never work like that. Codes are matched to skus. And skus are matched to vendors. Too expensive to modify for no additional value for anyone. Just sell the hardware. And let the user choose how they want to get their game.

I can't wait for this game. I have all the Collectors Editions and hope that I can get this one as well. Diablo is a special franchise to me. Brings back amazing memories of playing both D1 and D2 with one of my best friends at the time.

1671208611061.png

People seem upset this wont actually have the game included. But I actually think this is better than having a game bundled in which is just a code and empty steel book. This way you can buy the game digitally and have it day of or for an early start. Meanwhile these things can ship out after launch since there is no game content

People seem upset this wont actually have the game included. But I actually think this is better than having a game bundled in which is just a code and empty steel book. This way you can buy the game digitally and have it day of or for an early start. Meanwhile these things can ship out after launch since there is no game content
Game not included discussion started here. It makes sense for a few reasons not to include the game itself.

Game not included discussion started here. It makes sense for a few reasons not to include the game itself.
I see,

I believe it was in the God of war collectors that I stated it would be better to just release a collectors package instead of bundling the game. That way the full cost can be put into making much nicer products inside the collectors. Of course I don't really think anything in this package is worth paying for except maybe the art book

So is anyone else picking this up? Should we try and get some groups formed to play ?
I will. Not sure what platform, my PC is dated and I don't have a current gen console so I have 5 months to dither over how much money I want to blow to play diablo. Maybe I will just buy a series s with bing bucks.

I will be getting it for the pc , hopefully its cross play.

Series s can be a good pick up for this. I figure it will hit 1080p pretty well

I will be getting it for the pc , hopefully its cross play.

Series s can be a good pick up for this. I figure it will hit 1080p pretty well

"
  • Diablo 4 crossplay status: Available on all platforms at launch
In addition, cross-progression is also confirmed, meaning that you won't lose characters, loot, and progress if you end up switching platforms at some point during your playthrough."

I don't see kb/m support listed for console though.

"
  • Diablo 4 crossplay status: Available on all platforms at launch
In addition, cross-progression is also confirmed, meaning that you won't lose characters, loot, and progress if you end up switching platforms at some point during your playthrough."

I don't see kb/m support listed for console though.
Yea I think d2r only supports controller

I'm hoping that the ABK deal completes and I can just pick it up via Gamepass and play it everywhere. 😁

Most likely playing on the Series S with Mrs Cheapchips after the kids are asleep. We'd played Diablo3 on PC for a fair bit when it came out, and it was fun. Playing the finished/fixed version on the Xbox a few years later was brilliant.

Last edited:
Minimum and recommended settings published. I think the game is going to run on most modern computers just fine.

No Hard Drive mentioned?

Minimum requirements​

The minimum settings to run Diablo 4 at 1080p, on low graphics settings at 30 FPS can be found below:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD FX-8100
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 280
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: SSD with 90 GB available space
  • Internet: Broadband Connection

Recommended requirements​

Below are the recommended requirements to run Diablo 4 at 1080, with medium graphics and at 60 FPS:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K or AMD R3-1300X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 470
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: SSD with 90 GB available space
  • Internet: Broadband Connection

So is anyone else picking this up? Should we try and get some groups formed to play ?
Online-only, along with adding Battle Passes and whatnot to a full priced game that's gonna sell like hotcakes is a big no from me, at least anytime soon. Maybe some years down the line, after the expansion is released and the game is heavily discounted so I dont feel like an idiot giving in to their greed.

apparently the battle pass is just cosmetics, so just don't buy it. Question is whether the price tag of the game is worth it. I'm looking forward to the beta. Hated Diablo 3, so I'm hoping for some changes.

apparently the battle pass is just cosmetics, so just don't buy it. Question is whether the price tag of the game is worth it. I'm looking forward to the beta. Hated Diablo 3, so I'm hoping for some changes.
Was your experience with Diablo 3 at launch? I heard it was terrible until they got rid of the real money auction house. I got into it a while after that was removed and it's one of my all time favorites.

Was your experience with Diablo 3 at launch? I heard it was terrible until they got rid of the real money auction house. I got into it a while after that was removed and it's one of my all time favorites.

D3 is the best Diablo. DLC changed the game completely. Anyway I’m super hyped for 4

No, I got it way later when there was at least one expansion included in the game. Played it on Xbox One. It was probably one of the easiest games I've ever played and my friends kept egging me on to play it, telling me the next act was going to be better than the one I was in. I was a crusader, I think, looking at the classes. I just pressed one button to spam the flail and didn't even bother dodging attacks from the bosses. I picked the highest difficultly it would let me pick from the start. The harder options only unlocked once you'd beat the game or something. Really terrible design. Game dropped legendary items for me every five seconds. I didn't plan builds or anything. I just grabbed whatever the new item and kept spamming that flail for hours and hours until the game was over. Did some of that rift stuff for a while, but it seemed like you'd get through a lift level super easy, then the next one would be impossible, so you'd grind for items, and then the rift that was impossible would then be easy, but then the following rift would be impossible. Just keep repeating that to infinity. I don't remember how many hours it took me to beat my first play through of the game, plus the expansion, but I had zero interest in playing another character because the experience was so mind numbing boring.

Act 1 super boring and easy -> my friends "Well wait until act 2"
repeat until final act
Final act super boring and easy -> my friends "Wait until you play the expansion"
Expansion super boring and easy -> my friends "Wait until you start rifting"
Rifting super easy or impossible -> my friends "Well you picked the wrong class. Wait until you try class x"
Delete game

I used to have a video of me fighting me beating I think Diablo as a boss, just standing right on top of him pressing one button until he died on my first attempt. My friends said it wasn't possible and then I sent them the video to which they just said, "Well the expansion is harder".

If the game had just allowed me to pick a higher difficulty, maybe it would have been fun, but either the game difficulty was super easy, or the classes I was playing was outright broken, or the item drops were broken. In any case, the game was terribly balanced, and that made it probably the worst overrated game I've purchased and played besides The Division 2.

Back