Diablo 4 [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

this game relies too much to the server / did not trust the client too much.

ridiculous stutters when internet went bonkers

I can see where they wouldn't want to deal with the refunds from preorders. Also the closing date may not make it.

hmm some good points there.
No way I'm paying for D4 until the MS / Acti stuff is sorted though.
Even then I'm happy to wait a few months to A) get through the first few months of patches, and B) see if it does tunr up on GP.

I decided to try out barbarian, got close to level 20. It's still a very easy game, but I had to pay a bit more attention, heal and at least dodge the boss mechanics. I like the animation and the interior environments enough that I'm interested in seeing more, so I'll probably get it. I think the game is way too easy on veteran, or whatever it's called, but it might be a casual experience that I can live with. What I probably won't do is play multiplayer, because I think multiplayer didn't scale well and actually made the game much much easier. I'm also hoping the lower drop rates will make the game a bit harder. I don't know if it scales to player level, player item level or both. Also hoping experience was boosted and it will be slowed down a fair bit, maybe making things harder on first attempt.

Is there any chance D4 doesn't come to gamepass day 1, IF MS buys Activision/blizz?

There is a chance if there is, as an example, a prior contract with Sony that explicitly states that it cannot come to GamePass or perhaps any streaming service for X period of time.

Otherwise, I can't see MS not putting it on GP if they do acquire ABK.

Regards,
SB

Especially with micro transactions and battle passes coming, that's what GP is built around for these big titles.

There is a chance if there is, as an example, a prior contract with Sony that explicitly states that it cannot come to GamePass or perhaps any streaming service for X period of time.

Otherwise, I can't see MS not putting it on GP if they do acquire ABK.

Regards,
SB

could be limited to gamepass PC, then.

Honestly, Diablo is one of those games that'll just make way more money at retail and they'd probably be dumb to put it on game pass too soon.

At the same time Diablo 4 isn't really an one and done single player game, and they are also targeting a cosmetic BP revenue stream, it's GAAS.

Diablo 3 sold 30 million copies, or something like that. Say Diablo 4 matches that, with an average selling price of 50% of retail. That's a billion dollars in revenue. Now there's also all kinds of special editions people are going to buy, and I don't know if the average price would be as low as 50% once all is said and done.

A lot of diablo fans will buy it anyway, because they will still be playing it long after it has left gp.

Btw can you trade items between different players?

Wondering whether it can be additional passive income, in case I gets addicted to it....

Back