Devil May Cry V [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

Been playing for a bit and gotta say this is probably one of the biggest difference in visuals between cutscene and gameplay, one minute you have a cutscene looking pretty amazing then next second the gameplay looks worse than some launch titles. The environment looks down right ugly at times, low res textures a plenty, flat lighting and poly starved in many areas. On the plus side I like the particle effect and monster designs and the over the top cringey drama that's just too funny to skip :). Gameplay is old school DMC, ain't broken so no fix'n.

I am in love with Lady

lady-devil-may-cry-5-game-11432-hd-1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad but it looked a lot like UE4, hopefully it's a good engine, is dmc 5 60fps stable?
afaik, the game is 60 fps stable, yes, specially on PS4 Pro, Xbox One X and PS4. Xbox One base version, can dance between 60 fps to 50 fps.

In-engine cutscenes are an entirely different matter, they can go from 60 fps to 40 fps or even 30 fps in the blink of an eye.

The big difference, however, is that contrary to Unreal engine games, the game runs at native 4k on XB1X, 1800p on PS4 Pro, and 1080p on both the PS4 and the original Xbox One, with decent framerates, which imho is light years over Epic's UE engine. Capcom is incredible..

afaik, the game is 60 fps stable, yes, specially on PS4 Pro, Xbox One X and PS4. Xbox One base version, can dance between 60 fps to 50 fps.

In-engine cutscenes are an entirely different matter, they can go from 60 fps to 40 fps or even 30 fps in the blink of an eye.

The big difference, however, is that contrary to Unreal engine games, the game runs at native 4k on XB1X, 1800p on PS4 Pro, and 1080p on both the PS4 and the original Xbox One, with decent framerates, which imho is light years over Epic's UE engine. Capcom is incredible..
I thought DF confirmed only PS4 is native 1080p while the rest use some kind of reconstruction technique.

I thought DF confirmed only PS4 is native 1080p while the rest use some kind of reconstruction technique.
my bad, I didn't know that exactly, they don't specify what is the native resolution, but from their words, it doesn't seem to be far from the targeted actual output resolution. Capcom these days....is a step above everything.

So I finally finished it, what a grind that was. They hardly put any thoughts into environment design, it's all too samey in the span of 15 hours, same texture pattern, same low poly geometry construct and same arena structure. I get this is the traditional DMC formula but it's time to move on honestly, it needs to step out of arena design and incorporate set pieces, seamless transitions and complex level design. The constant loading and pace breaking upgrade system is so PS2 gen. There are some nice monster designs and cool effects but for the bulk of gameplay graphics it's down right ugly, I swear PBR only works at certain spots, many times the specular value is way off. But all in all this arena formula is so repetitive it overshadows whatever good that's presented in the game.

Meh. I'm a big fan of DMC games, and I was fully expecting to love this one, but as good as it was, I really didn't think it was quite THAT good. The levels felt like endless samey-looking corridors, and not even that exciting to look at. All very repetitive. The story was all a big mess, and no spoilers but the way it unravels at the end, and especially how it's resolved, is simply laughable. Not impressed. Great character models though.

Meh. I'm a big fan of DMC games, and I was fully expecting to love this one, but as good as it was, I really didn't think it was quite THAT good. The levels felt like endless samey-looking corridors, and not even that exciting to look at. All very repetitive. The story was all a big mess, and no spoilers but the way it unravels at the end, and especially how it's resolved, is simply laughable. Not impressed. Great character models though.
I miss the first one where every room and location was different and memorable. Kinda like how Resident Evil 1 was

Back