Devil May Cry 4 looks slightly better on 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoson

Newcomer
According to a site I've recently visited, during the Games Convention at Leipzig, the two versions of this game, the XB360 and the PS3 versions were compared. So far, the distinctive elements which separate the two versions are controls. With PS3 version having more familiar and better controls than the 360 (btw, is SIXAXIS being used at all?), and the visual quality seems to be better on the 360. Can anyone confirm this to be true? If so, wasn't DMC4 originally developed on the PS3 first? It anything, shouldn't 360's version be slightly worse than the PS3 version since it was developed at a later date? If memory serves me correctly, DMC4 was supposedly a PS3 exclusive title to begin with, until Capcom announced it to be multi-plat due the PS3's poor sales initially.

According to a site I've recently visited, during the Games Convention at Leipzig, the two versions of this game, the XB360 and the PS3 versions were compared. So far, the distinctive elements which separate the two versions are controls. With PS3 version having more familiar and better controls than the 360 (btw, is SIXAXIS being used at all?), and the visual quality seems to be better on the 360. Can anyone confirm this to be true? If so, wasn't DMC4 originally developed on the PS3 first? It anything, shouldn't 360's version be slightly worse than the PS3 version since it was developed at a later date? If memory serves me correctly, DMC4 was supposedly a PS3 exclusive title to begin with, until Capcom announced it to be multi-plat due the PS3's poor sales initially.

You'd have to assume that the leading platform is ps3, they only announced that it was going multi-platform earlier this year.

You'd have to assume that the leading platform is ps3, they only announced that it was going multi-platform earlier this year.

Correct me if I am wrong, before it went multi-plat, it was developed solely on the PS3 right? So it's only logical that the PS3 version would look better since the development time on it is longer.

Correct me if I am wrong, before it went multi-plat, it was developed solely on the PS3 right? So it's only logical that the PS3 version would look better since the development time on it is longer.

Let's put it like this. You wouldn't expect it to look worse on the lead platform.

IMHO, Dead Rising looks pretty good, but not Lost Planet...well on PC anyways, even on my 2900xt (which is stronger than 360)...but I have yet to try it in DX9 mode. I don't really care though if the graphics are better on the PS3, it's just queer the fact that 360 runs it better since the game was built from the ground up for the PS3. Maybe they've delegated people to specifically optimize the engine code for the 360 and 360 is better suited to this engine code than the PS3 is. So far, CAPCOM has failed to show me something that looks impressive on the PS3.

The previews I have read have said that whilst the controls are a bit funky on the 360 (probably because gamers are used to DMC on a DualShock) the games are looking identical.

If it is currently running better on the 360 it is because Capcom have already developed two games using MT Framework on the 360, whilst this is their first PS3 attempt. Perhaps their familiarity with the 360 architecture is allowing progress on the 360 version to be a lot easier than on the PS3.

That being said, MT Framework was designed with multiple platforms in mind, I'm sure by the time the game ships the game will be near identical on both platforms.

If it is currently running better on the 360 it is because Capcom have already developed two games using MT Framework on the 360, whilst this is their first PS3 attempt. Perhaps their familiarity with the 360 architecture is allowing progress on the 360 version to be a lot easier than on the PS3.

Not to mention that the X360 architecture is easier to work with to begin with

Could you please post a link to the article you are referencing?

The gamespot hands-on from GC mentions that they had both versions running side by side and that they were identical. You can take a look here: http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/devilmaycry4/news.html?sid=6177331

I think PS3 has more potential though, since it can texture stream off of blu-ray and its SPEs are really good at that kind of stuff...360 cannot texture stream off of its DVD because the capacity is only 4.7GB, 9GB tops, and does it support DVD-DL?
Even then it's still nowhere near the 25GB blu-ray has...
Plus the fact that devs won't have to worry about HDD being not standard in every PS3...every PS3 has at least 20GB available to devs, and can easily be increased by users.

I think PS3 has more potential though, since it can texture stream off of blu-ray and its SPEs are really good at that kind of stuff...360 cannot texture stream off of its DVD because the capacity is only 4.7GB, 9GB tops, and does it support DVD-DL?
Even then it's still nowhere near the 25GB blu-ray has...
Plus the fact that devs won't have to worry about HDD being not standard in every PS3...every PS3 has at least 20GB available to devs, and can easily be increased by users.

IS this a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back