Developers: What font do you use in your Text-Editor/ IDE ?

Diplo

Veteran
Until recently I've always used Courier New in different editors I've used (usually UltraEdit and Visual Studio) as this tends to be the default monospace fault under Windows. However, recently I've got an 19" TFT display and have been playing around with ClearType which I find makes most fonts look a lot crisper (less aliased) on LCD screen. However, Courier New definitey doesn't work too well with ClearType and looks pretty horrible.

So, I decided to have a look into other free fixed-width fonts that are available and found this handy page - Monospace/Fixed Width Programmer's Fonts. After trying a few I found that Bitstream Vera monospace font tended to look best using ClearType. It also has advantage of clearly distinguishing between characters l and 1 and O and 0, which is a must for programming!

This made me curious - what font do you use? If an unusual one then a link would be nice :)

Diplo said:
Until recently I've always used Courier New in different editors I've used (usually UltraEdit and Visual Studio) as this tends to be the default monospace fault under Windows. However, recently I've got an 19" TFT display and have been playing around with ClearType which I find makes most fonts look a lot crisper (less aliased) on LCD screen. However, Courier New definitey doesn't work too well with ClearType and looks pretty horrible.

So, I decided to have a look into other free fixed-width fonts that are available and found this handy page - Monospace/Fixed Width Programmer's Fonts. After trying a few I found that Bitstream Vera monospace font tended to look best using ClearType. It also has advantage of clearly distinguishing between characters l and 1 and O and 0, which is a must for programming!

This made me curious - what font do you use? If an unusual one then a link would be nice :)

I've used sheldon alot before, but on this site I found some new really nice and easy to read fonts for programming.

Back