Detroit [PS4, PC]

Well, some people cannot or do not want to separate the artist from the art. I can sort of understand that. Selectively doing it myself. That is as long as the criticisms are at least based on something vaguely factual of course. I think it's rather foolish, though. Only a matter of time before the ideals of today are going to turn into "problematic" anachronisms after all.

2 hours in and I'm tightly hooked already, really don't want this game to end now :). The characters are so much better portrayed and likable than all the previous entries, voice acting are super natural and on point and the visuals man, it's like a walking CG. Playing the final game in 4k HDR with those rendering techs? A true blessing.
1aao98.png

2gbrgn.png

3mbo73.png

Oh boy. I didn't like Heavy Rain, Fahrenheit, or Omikron all that much. Heavy Rain has some really irritating, unbelievable storytelling in segments.

I saw another review of this that talked about how cliche, preachy and forced some of the writing is. I dunno.

I suppose the main draws are the graphics and their narrative approach. Those elements are exciting, at least initially.

Last edited:
Did he created some charts for his review? :D Please say yes.
Yeah. He had illusory substance for years but the charts were the icing on the cake.

I enjoy opposing opinions until I figure out a deception pattern. Kyle is a proven moron.

Yeah this is blowing me away so far, it gets almost everything right.

detroit_becomehuman_2lbuot.jpg

And I'm going in after weeks of playing God of War, which is very impressive on its own right as well.

Last edited:
Do you have an urge to go and read existential philosophy and ask your self deep questions about what it means to be human yet?
Haven't we done that already with the hundred other works of fiction with androids on it that came before?

I guess these types of games are attempting to emulate films plus interactivity, so the story is supposed to be deeper than your average zombie outbreak plotline.

Last edited:
Do you have an urge to go and read existential philosophy and ask your self deep questions about what it means to be human yet?

No like the Guardian review giving 4/5 saying more than the story it is the choice which are the interest of the game. I think the actor play well the production value is very good. The controls could be better use right stick for the camera and some QTE is so stupid.

Next generation I would be very happy if we have the same graphical quality on Open world..

After the game is sometimes funny or make some reference to other game and movie

If you want to play the game some spoilers...

David Cage games had multiple controversy with nude feminine character during shower scene. In one of the first scene you can see inside a bathroom but there is no one and I am 100% sure it was done on purpose. :D

In another scene the Android Kara take off her clothes but she is doing it off camera. :D.

There is a giraffe reference to TLOU. On one scene Markus android has damage an he looks like a terminator. The scene is very beautiful with one of the best use of Depth of field I have ever seen to simulate vision problem.

I like it quite a lot, I'm invested in the characters. I already want to play multiple times through the game to see different paths.

Next generation I would be very happy if we have the same graphical quality on Open world..

The game looks good but i expect better graphics than that even for open worlds for the next generation.

I watched some Gamersyde videos and one complaint i have is that the DOF effect is sometimes too strong.

Otherwise, the game looks very good.

This is probably the best looking game out there right now. Some scenes just look real, insanely good TAA as well. I honestly didn't think they'd go this far. Some scenes later on in the game are very complex as well, this is a very solid engine.

Looking back on this, it's funny how we thought that wasn't real-time and the game ended up looking much better than that :)

Back