Destroying a black hole

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
http://science.slashdot.org/story/10/06/11/1533241/How-To-Destroy-a-Black-Hole?art_pos=20

I am a big fan of Slashdot's science section, and there are a lot of interesting theories discussed in the articles. Someone suggested that we may already be living in a black hole as well as the existence of a black hole in another black hole's event horizon, it makes sense due to a poster mentioning that the event horizon is relative to an entity's position.

How do we disprove that the universe is not already inside a black hole's event horizon? I remember watching a documentary on string theory and it suggested that the source of gravity was in another dimension and that is why the force has less strength in our universe than in its own dimension; weak nuclear force, etc... are stronger than the graviton. How do we know that the 'dimension' that was spoken about is not a black hole?

Another user posted:
A black hole with the wikipedia mass has an event horizon radius of approximately 1.9E+26 meters. Compare with the radius of the observable universe, which is umm.. approximately 1.3E+26 meters. In other worse, if the wikipedia mass is correct, then we are inside a black hole assuming that the Schwarzschild equation for calculating event horizons is correct. I think the existance of dark energy has changed the game tho, such that we certainly cont be confident of the Schwarzschild radius calculation at such large scales.

Hell, for that matter how do we know our universe isn't but one molecule composing the hair of some creature which in itself is in a universe which is but one molecule composing...etc... :p

Interesting, but nothing you'll ever know with any certainty whether true or not.

Regards,
SB

Nonsense, no need for the big guns. This of course:

korken.jpg

Or we could plug it with Al Gore's ego, but that's just for the very big ones as ultima ratio, since his ego could blow up the entire universe.

Back